Q. My height is 6 ft and I weighs about 65 kg with a lean body. What should I do to build muscle?

Dr. Ankush Gupta
Published on Nov 14, 2019

I have a lean body and my height is 6 ft and weighs about 65 kg. I want to build body in the gym. What should I do?

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Critical Care Physician Diabetology
#

As far as gaining muscle mass is concerned there are two important things. One is doing regular work out and the other more important thing is diet. In diet you should remember that proteins are the part of the diet which form the muscle mass. If you are a non-vegetarian you can eat eggs, chicken and if you are a vegetarian you can eat lots of pulses and soyabeans and nuts.

You better take your meals more frequently like three major meals and three snacks. There are good protein shakes available in the market too if you are ready to spend some money too. The amount of carbohydrates and fats should be decreased a little in your diet because they will increase your fat content in the body and it is not good if you are looking for a muscular body. But they should form a part of your meal as they also have importance in our body for the normal functioning of the body.

Is there any diet plan to reduce fat in the stomach area?

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding fat accumulation at major fats at stomach area. Is there any method so that it could be reduced since my marriage is fixed in 15 days. Is there any diet plan?  Read Full »

I have a very lean body build. I want to increase my muscle mass. Give me a diet suggestion

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very lean body build. I want to increase my muscle mass. What should I do? Shall I take any medicine or any diet suggestions? Age 23, male, weight 59kg, height - 179cm.  Read Full »

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now