Q. Uterus is bulky as per the scan reports. What should I do?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on May 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I do not have a cyst or severe bleeding, but my uterus is bulky as per the scan reports. The scan was advised because of a recurrent urinary tract infection. I have a pain in the lower abdomen and the left side of the stomach. I am taking Norflox 400 for the UTI.  What should I do?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Bulky uterus refers to the generalized swelling of the uterine wall. It could be due to various reasons, but inflammation is one of them. Recurrent inflammation of the urinary tract due to UTI (urinary tract infection) may have caused the inflammation in the uterus.

Another possible cause of a bulky uterus is adenomyosis. Adenomyosis is often misdiagnosed as uterine fibroids. However, the two conditions are not the same. While fibroids are benign tumors growing in or on the uterine wall, adenomyosis is a defined mass of cells within the uterine wall.

As you mentioned that you do not have cysts or severe bleeding, it may be an initial stage of adenomyosis. You will require immediate treatment for UTI and bulky uterus. I suggest the following:

1. Kanchanar Guggulu, two tablets twice a day.
  2. Chandraprabha Vati, one tablet twice a day.
  3. Shatavari Churna, 3 gm twice a day.
  4. Punarnavasava, 15 ml twice a day with an equal amount of water.

Also, remember these precautionary measures:

1. Avoid junk food, spicy and fried items.
  2. Maintain internal hygiene.
  3. Drink plenty of water.
  4. Do Kapalabhati and Mandukasana.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Will hysterectomy cure adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife usually has a period for six to seven days. On the first two days, she has pain. At times, she has heavy clots also. The doctor had asked us to do the scanning and some test. The scanning report is attached. 'There is anteverted and bulky uterus which measures 11.7 by 10.3 by...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a bulky uterus which can be due to adenomyosis or possible fibroids in situ, but the absence of fibroids is evident. She is likely to experience painful menses and heavy bleeding due to adenomyosis as we...  Read Full

Please suggest ayurveda treatment for hearing loss.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 46 year old man having diagnosed with a bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. I have been experiencing this for the last two months. Please suggest any ayurveda treatment for the same?  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a physiological degradation disease, the treatment falls into two categories pharmacological and surgical treatment. However, no recommended or approved treatment has been present, and many types of research are still going on. Hearing aids are the most common...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now