Q. I have a soft bubble on the scrotum. Can you please tell me what it is?

Dr. Hira Chaudhry
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am a 29-year-old male, and my height is 6 feet and weight is 227 lbs. I have a soft bubble on the scrotum, and I am curious. What is it?

#

Thank you for your query.

I am glad that you did not neglect your symptoms and decided to contact a physician. A bubble-like scrotal mass can indicate several conditions. If it is filled with clear or milky fluid and is painless, it might be a spermatocele. It develops in the epididymis, a tube located on the upper testicle that collects and transports sperm. It might occur due to blockage in the tube. Usually, it is harmless, but if it grows bigger or causes pain or discomfort, you will require treatment. Several options are available to remove it, but they are not recommended unless necessary due to complications. Please observe closely for a couple of weeks and see a physician in person if it grows or causes pain.

Get well soon.

I hope it helps. Do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any further queries.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

When my scrotum is tight, it seems that the whole side of the bubble is swollen. Would it help if I sent a photo?

#

If the swelling is too much, you need to get it checked physically. At the moment, you can observe it for three days and see if the bump grows any further. You may send a picture to get a second opinion from me, but I would highly recommend you to go to a clinic if the swelling increases.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

The size of the swelling changes a little. Sometimes, it is very noticeable other times, not so prominent. I attached a photo, and you will notice the left side is slightly swollen; it kind of feels like it would be filled with liquid.

#

The swelling is not much visible, particularly a white bubble. Do not worry as often a spermatocele is left untreated and is harmless unless it starts to cause extreme pain and becomes very inflamed. Like I mentioned earlier. Meanwhile, you may observe for these two factors.

I hope you get well soon.

|