Q. My kid has a soft bump on the forehead as he fell down from the sofa. Please help.

Dr. Alexander Davis
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2021

My son is two and a half years old. He fell from the sofa and got a soft bump on his forehead. It has been an hour and we used an ice pack immediately. Kindly help me.

#

Having a bump after falling from the sofa is not a cause of concern. I want to know whether your son has pain, bruising, bleeding or signs of mental confusion including abnormal sleepiness, unusual mood swings, blurred vision, feeling nauseous, and loss of appetite. If these symptoms are observed, then you need to take him to the doctor as soon as possible. You should check his pupils on both eyes. If there is a difference seen in their diameter, then it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately. If it is just a mild bump without any symptoms, then cooling it carefully is necessary. You can give him chocolates to uplift his mood.

Your son has fallen from a sofa.

Check his symptoms and bilateral pupil-size.

Your son seems to have a concussion.

Your son is having a mild lump.

He needs observation of symptoms. Keep his bump cool. If he shows any symptoms, then take him to the doctor immediately.

Have a follow-up in three days.

|