Bumps In Pubic Area

Can shaving against the direction of hair growth cause the development of razor bumps?

Query: Hello doctor,I shave near the genital area. I feel like I shaved against hairs down near the penile shaft. I noticed small bumps, tried squeezing them, and it seemed to irritate them. There are three blister or nodule bumps present.I am concerned about what they are? It has been like a week. They lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lesions seen are present near the root of the penis (attachments are removed to protect the patient's identity). Multiple pink-colored papules are there. Can you tell me, please, if these bumps are centered around hairs? Or are they devoid of hairs? Also, if the...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for cyst-like bumps on inner thighs and pubic area.

Query: Hello doctor,I have cyst-like bumps on my inner thighs and pubic area. This has been happening on and off for about five years, but I have been too embarrassed to talk to a doctor.  Read Full »

Dr. Monika Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I gather from your history that you have got cystic rashes over your pubic area every now and then. You have not mentioned any other symptoms associated with it, like any redness, itching, pain associated with them? Is there any discharge from the vagina or any ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the pain that occurs while having the urge to pee?

Query: Hi doctor,Before few days, I had trouble in peeing. I had some hints of pain but it was tolerable. At first, I thought it was a symptom of UTI because I drink lots of water but I have laziness to urinate. Yesterday, I noticed a tiny lump in my private area. I am not sure about it. But it was painful...  Read Full »

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention some details regarding your present complaints. Please mention whether you have a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder or an urge to pee frequently even after passing urine. Please mention whether you have blood while passing urine. Please mentio...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for a small bump on the cervix?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman with two children (3.5 years and 13 years old), both delivered via cesarean section. I had a routine pap smear precisely three years ago. Today, when washing and self-examining (I have anxiety, so will check my body often), I felt a small bump on my cervix. It wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I surely understand your concern and would try my best to solve your query. Based on the details you mentioned, I do not feel any urgent need to visit your doctor (gynecologist) immediately. The smooth bump you are feeling over the surface of your cervix could be an ...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent bumps in the pubic area?

Query: Hi doctor, This query is about bumps in my pubic area. I am a 23 year old female. These bumps sometimes appear with pus and that looks like a huge pimple or skin colored bumps. They have occurred around and inside the labia from teenage time. One gynecologist told me that it might be ingrown hair, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These bumps seem to be a sign of infection. You need to take a good course of antibiotics. I suggest you tablet Augmentin Duo 1000 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. If there is no relief, then you may need to see a gynecologist to drain it. A...  Read Full »

What causes small white bumps on testicle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small white bumps in my testicles skin like pimples, one or two looks nearly 1 cm size. I am worried about this issue, usually, it will appear and disappear but this time it is not going. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures I saw (attachment removed to protect patient identity), those are called sebaceous cysts the small ones can disappear with time. Keep in mind you should keep the area clean and dry in summer like you can use powder to keep it dry but the bigger ones n...  Read Full »

What could cause bumps in the vaginal area with no pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two bumps near my vaginal region. One is on my thigh and the other is near my vagina. They are red outside with a white circle inside. What could this be? I am currently taking Doxycycline for acne.  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry, the images were not really very clear. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know if there are any similar lesions anywhere else on any other parts of the body? Or if these lesions have any pain or itching? Are they the same as th...  Read Full »

What causes a cyst near clitorial hood?

Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

Why do I have white spots in penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is redness. It looks like folliculitis as per the picture. I cannot really comment on what is going on unless you mention symptoms. Please elaborate your skin problem. Do you have itching? How l...  Read Full »

My problem is genital redness which persists even after medications. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old male. My problem is redness of the genitals. It has been two months now. It first started from my penis head with four or five red bumps like spots. Then I consulted a dermatologist. He gave me Candid-B cream to apply and some anti-fungal tablets. But I mistakenly use...  Read Full »

Dr. Shreyansh Talesra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history given by you, it could be irritant contact dermatitis followed by application of dettol. Since you have used most of the creams and few of it containing steroids, your skin has got thinned, and that is why you could see red colored vessels. I...  Read Full »