Q. What is the exact reason for on and off bumps in pubic area?

Dr. Jyoti Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2020

This query is about bumps in my pubic area. I am a 23 year old female. These bumps sometimes appear with pus and that looks like a huge pimple or skin colored bumps. They have occurred around and inside the labia from teenage time. One gynecologist told me that it might be ingrown hair, but they were there even when I did not start shaving and does not shave for a long time. These bumps are on and off. I have started taking Lactogut. I can send you an image of this bump for further information. I slightly poked it, but only blood came out. It is pretty huge like 1 × 1 cm and feels lumpy inside when touched.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• These bumps seem to be a sign of infection. You need to take a good course of antibiotics.
  • I suggest you tablet Augmentin Duo 1000 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. If there is no relief, then you may need to see a gynecologist to drain it.
  • Also get your blood sugar levels checked. High levels may lead to frequent infection.
  • You need to keep the area clean. A good steam bath may help open the closed pores. Maintain good hygiene and avoid the use of public toilets.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Thank you. Now, I have another problem. I have severe itching in my vaginal area since the fourth day of my periods. It prevents me from sleep and I have been trying all kinds of remedies from honey to antiseptic creams. They help in temporarily to stop itching. I read that it could be vaginal thrush. Can I be prescribed Flucanazole or Miconazole? Please help.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Itching is a sign of fungal infection. You read it right. Fluconazole will help and you can Use fluconazole vaginal pessaries one daily for six nights. Also, Fluconazole tablet 150 mg can be taken orally stat.

Hope that solves your query.

Stay healthy and stay blessed!

|