Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. What is the exact reason for on and off bumps in pubic area?

Answered by
Dr. Jyoti Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2020

Hi doctor,

This query is about bumps in my pubic area. I am a 23 year old female. These bumps sometimes appear with pus and that looks like a huge pimple or skin colored bumps. They have occurred around and inside the labia from teenage time. One gynecologist told me that it might be ingrown hair, but they were there even when I did not start shaving and does not shave for a long time. These bumps are on and off. I have started taking Lactogut. I can send you an image of this bump for further information. I slightly poked it, but only blood came out. It is pretty huge like 1 × 1 cm and feels lumpy inside when touched.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to

  • These bumps seem to be a sign of infection. You need to take a good course of antibiotics.
  • I suggest you tablet Augmentin Duo 1000 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. If there is no relief, then you may need to see a gynecologist to drain it.
  • Also get your blood sugar levels checked. High levels may lead to frequent infection.
  • You need to keep the area clean. A good steam bath may help open the closed pores. Maintain good hygiene and avoid the use of public toilets.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Hi doctor,

Thank you. Now, I have another problem. I have severe itching in my vaginal area since the fourth day of my periods. It prevents me from sleep and I have been trying all kinds of remedies from honey to antiseptic creams. They help in temporarily to stop itching. I read that it could be vaginal thrush. Can I be prescribed Flucanazole or Miconazole? Please help.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome back to

Itching is a sign of fungal infection. You read it right. Fluconazole will help and you can Use fluconazole vaginal pessaries one daily for six nights. Also, Fluconazole tablet 150 mg can be taken orally stat.

Hope that solves your query.

Stay healthy and stay blessed!

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.
Is it advisable to give P-250 and Amoxicillin for fever to 3 years old child?
Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How is a vaginal infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Does Nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?  Read Full »

Can you take Tylenol with Amoxicillin?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection. I immediately took one Amoxicillin as I walked out of the dental office and for the rest of th...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.