Q. How to treat tiny bumps on tonsils?

Dr. Laxmi Narasimha G Yadav

I have bumps on tonsils. I am currently on Crestor 20 mg.

#

Do you have any acidity problems? And the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) itself is indicating tonsillar hypertrophy grade 2-3 and edematous uvula. Do you consume cold beverages often? Do you have allergic symptoms in the nose? What are your concerning complaints?

I had post nasal drip in the past. The tonsil stone happened recently, and I have some issues with acid reflux and slight cough. My concern is that it does not look right, and it seems you agree. So I want to correct the issue.

#

I would like to know if there is any snoring history? I cannot appreciate tonsil stones in the picture, but I could make out some granules over the posterior pharyngeal wall.

Do you have any dryness in the mouth after waking up from sleep? Is it a dry cough or a productive cough? If it is dry, you can take tablet Alerfix total (Ambroxol, Levocetirizine, and Montelukast) twice daily for five days. And if you feel getting frequent tonsil stones (tonsillolith), you can opt for tonsillectomy surgery. But in your case, it is not required now.

You can also do Betadine gargle thrice daily for one week. And most importantly, you should maintain the hygiene of the oral cavity. It will clear all your problems. Avoid cold beverages, food, and smoking if any. Drink only lukewarm water.

|