21 years old, female. Today I noticed some bumps on the back of my tongue and another bump I noticed at the back of my throat. I have no idea how long this has been going on for as it does not cause me any pain. I had my last dental check-up about 6 months ago so I know it has developed sometime after then.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. I have seen the picture you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Unfortunately the picture of your tongue swelling could not be downloaded but I saw the picture of the back of your tongue.
2. That tiny little portion right at the center and back of your tongue is called uvula and it is a part of the soft palate which is the entry to your pharyngeal tube (airway).
3. I do not see any reddish coloration or swelling in it and it looks absolutely normal.That is the part which gets itchy when you have sore throat. Even if you encounter inflammation and swelling of the uvula ,it is mostly due to sore throat or simply dry mouth.
4. In that case, drink more fluids (sugarless) to keep yourself hydrated and you will be relieved soon.
5. Otherwise there is no abnormal findings I could see and you are completely alright. Thanks and regards.
Was this answer helpful?|
The tonsils, as well as the lymphoid tissues of the posterior pharyngeal wall, are enlarged and infected ... Read fullI have bumps present above my tonsils in the throat. What could it be?
Can you check the bumps present above my tonsils in the throat ... The tonsils are only slightly enlarged and hence do not need any removal ... Read fullIs Gum Inflammation a Curable Problem?
.. inflamed gums is 'gingivitis'. It is one of the most common oral health concerns faced by each of us. This article talks about the causes and cure for gingivitis .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now