Q. What is the small yellow bump above my tonsil?

I have a small round yellow bump or circle on the back of the arch, right above my tonsil. It is there for a month. It does not show any changes. I do not have any symptoms or soreness.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears like a small cyst. There can be a fluid collection inside the minor salivary gland. You need not worry about it as it goes down on its own. However, if you have any symptoms, you may need to address it. Since you do not have any signs, we need not worry about it.

Occasionally, it could be a tonsillolith which is stone formation inside the naturally occurring crypts of the tonsil. You need not worry unless it is symptomatic. Follow up after six months regarding this yellow spot.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|