Q. What is the small yellow bump above my tonsil?

I have a small round yellow bump or circle on the back of the arch, right above my tonsil. It is there for a month. It does not show any changes. I do not have any symptoms or soreness.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears like a small cyst. There can be a fluid collection inside the minor salivary gland. You need not worry about it as it goes down on its own. However, if you have any symptoms, you may need to address it. Since you do not have any signs, we need not worry about it.

Occasionally, it could be a tonsillolith which is stone formation inside the naturally occurring crypts of the tonsil. You need not worry unless it is symptomatic. Follow up after six months regarding this yellow spot.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

I have a yellowish pus sac on my tonsil. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a yellowish pus sac on my tonsils left side which I noticed a few days ago. A doctor says he thinks it is ectopic, I do not know what that is, but I can submit to you a picture of the spot on my tonsils. I have a good picture of it. I was sick about a month ago with a fever for a...  Read Full »

Swollen tonsils are making me gag. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I possibly had mono five months ago. I did not get it confirmed with a test though. I felt better in two months. However, I was stressed a few weeks ago as I got a lump going from my uvula to my tonsil on one side of my mouth. I initially thought it was an allergy and left it...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»