Q. I am concerned about the small hard bump present on the shaft of my penis. How to treat it?

Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 15, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 16, 2021

I have a small hard bump on the back of my penis shaft and it has been there for two years without pain, itching, and irritation. Recently, I started to have leakage of blood from it so lightly and I do not know the reason for having it. I am not sexually active and I practice masturbation daily. I am little concerned and please suggest.

#

I understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from a small hard bump on the back of the penis shaft for the past two years. A small bump on the shaft of the penis can occur due to ingrown hair. In most cases, this condition will resolve on its own without treatment. A pimple may develop anywhere on the body where you have pores including your shaft of penis. A genital wart is a small bump that appears on the shaft of penis and it is caused due to human papillomavirus and it is a sexually transmitted disease. Topical viral cream or surgery is the treatment of choice. A cyst or a fluid-filled bump can appear on the shaft of the penis and it can be hard. It is treated by incision and drainage. You should undergo FNAC (fine-needle aspiration cytology) or biopsy for the bump to find the underlying etiology and then it is treated accordingly.

|