Q. I have a bump on glans for nine days. Kindly help me with this.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I noticed a single white bump on my glans nine days ago. It is symmetrical, slightly raised, measures 1 mm in diameter, and is asymptomatic. Kindly help me know what it is? When will it disappear? Is it of serious concern like STD or cancer?

Thanks.

#

I hope you are keeping safe.

1) I understand your concern and have seen the attached photograph (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It looks harmless, pore clogged lesion, which would disappear on its own in time (provided you do not have any recent risky sexual exposure).

2) Do not try to pop the lesion as it can lead to secondary bacterial infection.

3) If the lesion exists for more than a month, a biopsy of the same is suggested.

4) To prevent infection, I suggest applying Fudic cream (Fusidic acid) twice daily after thoroughly cleaning the area.

5) It is advisable to keep the area dry, avoid using wet undergarments, do not irritate the area.

Thank you and take care.

Thanks for your reply.

I had unprotected sex without insertion for one to two minutes before three days. I consulted a doctor, on clinical examination, he said nothing severe and not to worry. Is there any cream or ways to make it go away sooner. Does lukewarm compress for 10 minutes twice a day work?

#

1) Sexually transmitted diseases do not give such a picture in most cases, so do not worry. The lesion you are having will subside on its own.

2) You can apply the Fudic cream (Fusidic acid) as mentioned.

3) Lukewarm water can be beneficial if there is inflammation or redness in the area.

|