I noticed a single white bump on my glans nine days ago. It is symmetrical, slightly raised, measures 1 mm in diameter, and is asymptomatic. Kindly help me know what it is? When will it disappear? Is it of serious concern like STD or cancer?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I hope you are keeping safe.
1) I understand your concern and have seen the attached photograph (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It looks harmless, pore clogged lesion, which would disappear on its own in time (provided you do not have any recent risky sexual exposure).
2) Do not try to pop the lesion as it can lead to secondary bacterial infection.
3) If the lesion exists for more than a month, a biopsy of the same is suggested.
4) To prevent infection, I suggest applying Fudic cream (Fusidic acid) twice daily after thoroughly cleaning the area.
5) It is advisable to keep the area dry, avoid using wet undergarments, do not irritate the area.
Thank you and take care.
Thanks for your reply.
I had unprotected sex without insertion for one to two minutes before three days. I consulted a doctor, on clinical examination, he said nothing severe and not to worry. Is there any cream or ways to make it go away sooner. Does lukewarm compress for 10 minutes twice a day work?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
1) Sexually transmitted diseases do not give such a picture in most cases, so do not worry. The lesion you are having will subside on its own.
2) You can apply the Fudic cream (Fusidic acid) as mentioned.
3) Lukewarm water can be beneficial if there is inflammation or redness in the area.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. basically frictional dermatitis, which has left behind pigmentation. Do not use Fusiwal-M cream (Mometasone furoate and Fusidic acid) as there is no inflammation. It will take time for pigmentation to resolve. I suggest Kojiglo gel (Kojic acid an... Read fullCan unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?
.. gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had unprotected sex, the chances of pregnancy are there in your case but as it is done on the third day of menses that is why there is no chance of pregnancy in your case. These sympto... Read fullWhat can cause itchy bumps on penis that cluster together?
.. noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have genital molluscum contagiosum. It is an STD (sexually transmitted disease). They can be removed with electrocautery or radiofrequency caute... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now