Q. I have a lump on my glans penis with no pain. What could it be?

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have a cm sized lump on the glans of my penis. It appears to be under the skin. Therefore I ruled out the possibility of it being a Fordyce spot which I appear to have and are usually on the skin. It is slightly raised while flaccid but really shows in definition when aroused. I seem to have a similar definition around the start of the glans and end of the shaft, which I have had for some time. When I move the skin these lumps it do not move at all, unlike Fordyce. I suffered with bad eczema on my penis when I was a young child and used creams to heal. I do have trouble retracting the skin as it is tight and I am not sexually active. However, I do masturbate usually two to three times a week.

I wanted to know the possibilities of what it could be? Should I be worried? Can I treat it myself if it needs treatment? And should I stay away from any sexual activity during this time?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

First of all, I like to inform you that from the attached images it does not look like something serious. This is applicable for almost all forms of lumps over the penis.

The most common possibility for similar looking lumps includes pearly penile papules and sebaceous cysts. The other possibility is scaring from eczema which you experienced during childhood.

The possibility of a sexually transmitted infection-induced lump is out as you are sexually inactive and masturbation carries no risk of sexually transmitted infections.

Most of these lesions are likely to go without any intervention or will stay without causing any damage which means there is no need to do anything on your part.

However, if you see there is a sudden change in size, pain, pain during erection or ejaculation, any form of discharge or fever, unexpected weight loss consider seeing a doctor without delay.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Will candidiasis cause red bumps on penis after sex?

.. be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infecti...   Read full

There are white spots on the inner part of the penis. Is it penile papules?

.. noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have sebaceous cysts of scrotal skin. They are not warts. Sebaceous cysts need to be removed surgically. The raised lesions on the corona of gl...   Read full

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

.. be a sebaceous cyst or a hypertrophic Fordyce spot or trichoepithelioma. A physical and histopathological examination is required to confirm the diagnosis and a surgical excision is the only treatment of choice.  Good thing is that most of them...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

What Is Epilepsy Or Seizure Disorder?
We all are familiar with the term epilepsy, and always associate it with fits or seizures. But, there is more to it. So,...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.