Q. I have a lump on my glans penis with no pain. What could it be?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

I have a cm sized lump on the glans of my penis. It appears to be under the skin. Therefore I ruled out the possibility of it being a Fordyce spot which I appear to have and are usually on the skin. It is slightly raised while flaccid but really shows in definition when aroused. I seem to have a similar definition around the start of the glans and end of the shaft, which I have had for some time. When I move the skin these lumps it do not move at all, unlike Fordyce. I suffered with bad eczema on my penis when I was a young child and used creams to heal. I do have trouble retracting the skin as it is tight and I am not sexually active. However, I do masturbate usually two to three times a week.

I wanted to know the possibilities of what it could be? Should I be worried? Can I treat it myself if it needs treatment? And should I stay away from any sexual activity during this time?

#

I read your query and gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

First of all, I like to inform you that from the attached images it does not look like something serious. This is applicable for almost all forms of lumps over the penis.

The most common possibility for similar looking lumps includes pearly penile papules and sebaceous cysts. The other possibility is scaring from eczema which you experienced during childhood.

The possibility of a sexually transmitted infection-induced lump is out as you are sexually inactive and masturbation carries no risk of sexually transmitted infections.

Most of these lesions are likely to go without any intervention or will stay without causing any damage which means there is no need to do anything on your part.

However, if you see there is a sudden change in size, pain, pain during erection or ejaculation, any form of discharge or fever, unexpected weight loss consider seeing a doctor without delay.

|