Q. I have bumps on penis and concerned as my condom broke during sex. Am I at risk of HIV?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

I always had tiny and small bumps on my penis head, from the time I started noticing my penis. But today I saw some white and tiny dot like bumps. Is it any kind of STD? I had intercourse with a sex worker five weeks ago. It was protected and I kept checking my condom after every three or four strokes. I am totally aware of STD and HIV risk and I used a branded condom non-expired one. I stretched it hard to see for any holes or tears and did not see any. When I tried to insert, it broke and at that very second, I heard a popping sound and was out of her. It will be about one or two seconds and not more than that. I am not sure did it go in or not but I did not feel anything when the condom broke.

I went to the doctor HIV specialist and she told me I do not have any risk for HIV. I would like to have your view on this. I have attached the picture.

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

First of all, there is no risk of HIV. Secondly, the tiny bump can be a healed ulcer. Third, to be honest, a condom will not protect from HIV. The size of the virus is far small than microscope holes in the condom. Condom promotion is done to prevent STD (sexually transmitted disease) which may cause an increased chance of HIV transmission.

Test for TPPA (Treponema pallidum particle agglutination assay).

Injection Benzathine penicillin 2.4 mu deep intramuscular.

Stay away from unprotected sexual activity.

| 

What causes a cluster of bumps on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years of age. I had unprotected sex and I am having sex with the same partner for more than a year and a half. Suddenly, I got itching sensation and found that I have got itchy bumps on my penis which started clustering together. Later, it healed automatically. I also found when ...  Read Full »

Will using two condoms during sex prevent transmission of HIV?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex four months back with using two condoms at a time and later I realized that using two condoms at a time is not safe. So, I have taken HIV tridot test two months back and fourth generation test last month and again tridot test this month. All are negative. So should I need to te...  Read Full »

Can taking contraceptive pills before sex be effective in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, How can pregnancy be avoided completely without the help of condoms?  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now