Q. I have hard and red lump on penis shaft. What could it be?

Dr. Rachit Maan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

I am 16 years old. I have a lump on my penis shaft. It is 1 cm in diameter and quite big. It is hard and red and is a bit painful. Please help.

#

I went through your case and saw the attached images of the lump (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As you said this appeared suddenly and painful and the images also show marks of inflammation. This appears in its primitive examination as not a dangerous condition. But for proper diagnosis, you need to tell about any history of unprotected sexual activity, masturbation, etc.

This history is necessary to make a proper diagnosis. So please get back to me with this history and until then keep the genital area clean and dried. Start Quadriderm cream three times a day for seven days. If this lump opens or burst please contact me as soon as possible. And stay relax and calm as this is a common condition in your age group youth due to androgen burst you may feel sometime.

Keep genital area clean and dry. Avoid unprotected sexual intercourse.

Follow up with full history.

|