Bumps On Tongue

I am experiencing ear and tonsil pain and I have bump on my tongue. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two weeks, I have been suffering from sore throat and pain in the tonsil and ear region, especially during swallowing. It went away after taking antibiotics, but I did not complete the course, and now the pain is back. I am worried about my tonsil pain. I also have these w...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you do mouth gargle thrice daily. It helps in removing tonsil stones and cleaning the throat in general. Can you please tell me the name of the antibiotic you have used? And for how long? Do you suffer from reflux in the form of a burning sensation in y...  Read Full »

I have pimples on the side of my tongue that bothers me with pain. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pimples on the side of my tongue spreading to the backside. They hurt at times. I am worried if it could be oral or tongue cancer. I was told there was no reason to be worried by a doctor. I am here to get a second opinion of what it is and how I can treat it since the pimples on t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for the problems you have. I saw the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) and the small swellings on the left side of the base of the tongue. But you did not mention how long you have had the pimples. The first thing to ass...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the growth present at the base of the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fleshy mobile growth at the side of my tongue near the base, exactly where the throat meets the tongue. I found it accidentally. As it is painless, I am unaware of it. I have tried to visualize it, but I cannot view it due to its position. It does not bleed, and it is smoot...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern.According to its site, it can be a normal anatomical variation. I recommend following up the next month. A biopsy is recommended in case of an increase in its size, change of color, ulceration, or bleeding.   Read Full »

I have a lump on my tongue for the past two weeks. How can I cure it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have noticed a lump on my tongue, which I want to get an opinion on? I have had the bump for two weeks.Please help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the image (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), this area looks normal. Is the mass painful or tender to touch? Do you suffer from reflux in the form of a burning sensation in your chest or stomach? Please answer the above so that I can guid...  Read Full »