Q. Is there any link between the hard bump at the bottom of the mouth and low blood pressure?

Dr. Rakshana Devi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have a hard bump at the bottom of my mouth, which I noticed a couple of days ago. I am not sure if it is something to be concerned about. It is hard and hurts little if I touch it. Not sure what it is or why I have it?

#

Good morning. I hope you are well. Thank you for approaching icliniq. I saw your query and saw the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will help you to solve your doubts.

Certain people will have ulcers and bumps like this due to improper diet, stress, improper sleep, and many other reasons that are sometimes associated with pain.

No need to worry about it. I advise you to take ointment Dentogel (Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine) on the bump once a day for two days. It usually will not cause any allergies, but if you have any allergies, you can stop using the ointment. You can use ointment and keep it for 20 minutes, then wash it. You can eat and swallow no issues in it, but for safety purposes, you can avoid eating along with ointment.

If the pain did not subside, you could follow up with an intraoral periapical radiograph on that region.

I saw the blood pressure report you have given. It is quite low. I advise you to consult a general physician for further details about blood pressure before dental procedures.

But do not worry; there is no relation between a bump and low blood pressure.

Thank you, have a nice day.

|