Common "Burn" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Burns is any skin and tissue damage caused by electricity, heat, chemicals, sunlight, or radiation. Burns are classified into three degrees. Of which the first two are less severe and do not require hospitalization. On the other hand, third-degree burns require intensive medical care. Aloe vera gel, rinsing with tap water, antibiotic creams, and painkillers are prescribed for first-degree burns. In addition, second-degree burns require the use of silver sulfadiazine creams.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the treatment for burn injury pain?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is a 50 years old female. She had a burn injury on the inner side of the hand three days back. I have attached the picture. Now, the skin over the area is darkened. The thin skin over it has started peeling this morning. She has pain, burning sensation and not able to sleep...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of a superficial scald, which is a minor burn injury. It seems pretty clean and uninfected. As it heals, there can be a bit of a burning and itching sensation. She can use the medicines t...  Read Full »

I had pain a week after getting a second-degree burn. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently suffered a second-degree burn on 80 % of my left inner thigh. I received medical care in the emergency room but I had to travel and I would like to make sure that my wound is healing as it should and I do not have an infection. Generally, the burn area looks red and I am in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for the query. I have gone through the two photos (the attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The wound appears healthy in both photos. There appears to be no sign of infection. Please continue using ointment and dressing. Pain is likely ...  Read Full »

The burn scar on my face is still red. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I burnt my cheek with hot oil while cooking a few days ago. It is becoming red and the redness is not reducing. Is it a healthy healing process or will it leave a scar? Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understood your concern. I went through the images (the attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I have gone through the details that you have provided and I have checked the image that has been provided from your end and I do understand you concer...  Read Full »

Are children more susceptible to get hypertrophic scars after scar excision?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has one somewhat large scar on the right side of his neck and a small scar on the left side of his neck from a burn injury since 10 months ago. He has received three laser treatments, and it looks much, much better. My son is almost 2 years old. Our plastic surgeon would do a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your son has a post-burn hypertrophic scar over the submandibular region.  Read Full »

How can I get rid of marks on my chin?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a burn on my chin before 20 days. The marks are not going. What should I need to apply? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would recommend you apply Kojiglo Forte cream (Kojic acid with Hydroquinone two percent) on the marks at night along with an application of a broad spectrum sunscreen on the entire face like Faceguard gel (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 7 % with Titanium dioxide 1 %) dur...  Read Full »

I experienced a shock and a deep penetrating burn while in bed. Could this be due to a stun gun?

Query: Hello doctor, I felt a shock in bed and then a deep penetrating burn. My local doctor said they were a burn, but I need expert advice also. Is this something you can assist me with? I am attaching my pictures also. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. I went through the images (the attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I shall assist you to the best of my capacity and ability. From the pictures attached, it looks very unlikely to be a burn mark...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.