Q. Is the lesion on the roof of the mouth a burn?

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

I have something on the roof of my mouth. I am wondering if it is a burn or something else.

#

I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. From the picture, it seems that it is a burn (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But I want to know how long it has been there and if you had anything very hot liquid or food in the past days. The proper history is a must. Meanwhile, you can have cold water gargles for the relief. If it is a burn it will subside in a few days. Just do not have any hot meal till then. I would also advise you to have good oral hygiene and brush your teeth twice daily and floss regularly.

|