Q. Does itchy burning pain sensation during urination mean STD?

Answered by Dr. Karthik Rajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Burning Sensation During Urination or Std? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have itchy burning or pain sensation during urination since last 4 to 5 weeks. Prior to that I had sex with unknown person so I am thinking it could be STDs. The symptoms become more when the urine become more frothy such as after drinking beer or drinking little water. I am really confused and undecided on what to do next or whom to approach as no urologist available near my stay.

Another important point to note is that I did have a bit of burning sensation (during urination) on occasion since childhood but it used to happen only once or twice in a couple of months but since 4 to 5 weeks (as stated above phrase), it has become regular burning sensation every time I pass urine. Here I will mention some symptoms I could experience:

1. Sometimes finding difficulty in starting urination (due to fear of the pain of course).
  2. Burning or pain sensation during urination. It has become a bit itchy since having sex with an unknown person as described above.
  3. Feeling the frequent or urgent need to urinate.
  4. Sometimes when I try to force urination, seminal fluid with sticky white jelly-like liquid discharge could be experienced.

These are the most imminent symptoms. I had burning sensations on occasion since childhood but it became more and almost every time I pass urine now since having sex with unknown sex partner couple of weeks before. I am 28 years old male. I have gastritis related problem. Right now I am taking medicine only for gastritis, Pan D, and digestion tablet Unienzyme.