Burning Sensation In Anus

What causes a sharp, burning pain while passing stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 17-year-old male and I have a weight of 117 kilograms. I hate discussing things like this but I always have large stools. I think that I may have IBS. My mother had IBS and the symptoms are similar for us. Recently, after having a large stool I noticed some bright red blood on the...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have hemorrhoids and it happens due to chronic constipation. Avoid taking oily, fried, and outside foods. Drink more water. Try to eat a high fiber diet with green leafy vegetables and fruits. Try to do exercise daily for thirty minutes. Try to reduce your weight by...  Read Full »

Why do I have constant pain in my anal region?

Query: Hello doctor, First of all, I would like to describe my symptoms. For the past five months, I am suffering from constant pain in my rectal area. Earlier, it felt like a sharp knife-like pain tearing apart the perianal region. Still, as of now, it is turned into an intense burning discomfort severe ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all your history and the attached three reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing sinister in it. And to me, you are suffering from an anal fissure at the moment. Now I am going to answer your queries one by one and will a...  Read Full »

What causes burning sensation while passing stools?

Query: Hello doctor,My 4.5-year-old baby is complaining of a burning feel whenever he passes stool. One day he passed a hard stool since then, he is saying like that. It has been one and a half months now and is not getting healed. I can see some redness outside the anus and no idea about inside. I am appl...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This sometimes happens even when they are not passing hard stools. But you still will have to give stool softeners. Please do the following: 1. Do not give him any oily or spicy food for two weeks. 2. Do not give him biscuits, cakes, chocolates, chips, carbona...  Read Full »

How to manage recurring burning sensation in the anal region?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male, who is 5.8 feet tall and weighs about 49 kg. I have constant burning in anal region from past 20 days though do not have fissure as checked by doctor. Current medication are Lox 2% (Lignocaine hydrochloride) jelly gel and Sitcom forte tablet for seven days. But i...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar Atreya

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Your complaint is constant burning in the anus. It is recurrent. It occurred two times in the past ten years. Your age is 35 years, and weight is 49 kg, which is slightly less than normal. 2. As there are various causes like local skin lesions, anorectal disorders, ...  Read Full »

Can anal fissure recur every time you pass hard stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I see blood in the stool or sometimes on the surface of the stool or in toilet paper, which is on and off. I do not have pain any longer, but I guess you can say I have a mild burning after passing significant fecal matter. I was wondering if anal fissures could repeat themselves wheneve...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to me, and I am concerned about you. Yes, if there is a fissure doctor can see it by colonoscopy or rectal examination. Most of the time, reasons for such fissures are iron deficiency or constipation. When a person has constipation, it leads to con...  Read Full »

Please suggest home remedies for hot sensation in the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

I have inflammation and burning sensation in my anus after having intercourse. Is this HPV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old bisexual male. 10 months ago a friend stroked his penis between my thighs, and suddenly his penis slipped and entered my anus for merely an inches, and he pulled out then we stopped performing it. And after four months I got constipation and hard stools, and then da...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV (Human papillomavirus), usually HPV infection does not cause any noticeable symptoms or health problems. Some time produce genital warts.For your complaints, constipation and burning sensation may be due to piles or anal fissure. So better go for the rectal exam ...  Read Full »

There is no improvement in burning sensation of penis and anus even after Doxycycline. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a sexual encounter before 11 days. She gave me only a hand release and used her finger on my prostate with a glove on. After a day, I started urinating extremely and frequently. No burning with urination but after urinating, there is a slight burning sensation in my penis, and o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have acute prostatitis. This could be due to various reasons including retrograde ejaculation, delayed hypersensitivity to the gloves used or bacterial infection. Was your semen or urine tested for a culture?   Read Full »

I have burning sensation after passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Since last few days whenever I eat any spicy food or chicken, after passing stools, I am feeling a bit of burning sensation for five minutes. After that, it goes away. That too in a week I feel 1 to 2 times. Surrounding the anus also while washing sometimes I am feeling a burning sens...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intake of spicy food may cause burning sensation and irritation of anal mucosa which may lead to a burning pain during defecation. It is due to the spiciness of the food. You may try yogurt, cucumber, tender coconut water, probiotic capsules, buttermilk. Use tablet N...  Read Full »

What has to be done to cure pain in anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having huge inner pain in stool going place, anus. It happens after every 10 months. Please suggest what has to be done. I am male, 40.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning while defecation could be due to anal fissure. The anal fissure is a break or a crack in the mucosal lining of the anal canal. You better see a gastroenterologist and get a PR examination and sigmoidoscopy test done. Treatment consists of taking stool softene...  Read Full »