Q. I have burning sensation around my eyes with no swelling or injury. Is this allergy?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I am experiencing a burning sensation around my eyes for the last three days. There is no redness, no swelling, and the eyes itself are normal. I feel some pressure around my temples as well. Could this be an allergic reaction to something? It seems to appear after taking a shower. I will add a picture to show the area.

I am currently on Lexapro for anxiety and Clindamide for lymph node swelling.

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the image you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is an area of maxillary sinuses. And your burning pain is also suggestive of maxillary sinusitis. I do not think it is allergy because you are not having watering eyes, redness, etc. So no need to worry about allergy. You should take painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. Also start antihistamine drugs.

Do steam inhalation four to five times a day. Do not worry, you will be alright.

It makes a lot of sense I actually did have sinus problems in the past but did not associate that with these symptoms. It is very helpful I will follow your advice.

#

I can understand your concern. Do you have a cold or nose lock at present? Will you able to get antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs over the counter?

I will be happy to help you further.

|