Q. What causes burning and redness in eye with blurred vision?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

About every year, I have this problem but this year it is there for a long time. I am a girl that have these eye problems. Burning eyes and redness of the eye, puffing around the eyes with pain, tears from the involuntary eye, blurred vision, and the doctor did not diagnose my problem. So, my age is 18 and not going to school because of this problem. Please help me.

#

Since you mentioned that you get this problem every year, this suggests the cause as seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. This problem frequently causes dry eyes, which causes a feeling of burning sensation. So all these problems go hand in hand. To be honest, there is no permanent cure. But, this problem can be lessened and avoided by following the steps given below:

Avoid rubbing the eyes (is most important). Use over-the-counter anti-allergic drops like Olopatadine 0.1/0.2 % along with lubricants like Carboxymethylcellulose Acetate 0.5 % (these are mostly free of side-effects, so it can be used over prolonged periods). Close your eyes and apply ice cubes over them. Visit your ophthalmologists in case of the following. Pain, sticking together of eyelids, drop in vision, non-resolution of symptoms despite treatment for around 10 days.

|