Q. My aunty has a burning sensation in her chest region. Is it a result of her cardiac abnormality?

Answered by
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2021

Hi doctor,

My aunty is 61-years-old. She has burning sensation in between her lungs and her blood pressure is 170/80 mmHg. Her ECG report shows anterolateral T wave abnormality.

Kindly help.



Welcome to

Kindly answer the following questions to help you better.

1) Does the burning sensation occur at rest or on walking?

2) Does she get any other symptoms like chest pain, heaviness, or shortness of breath on exertion?

Her ECG (electrocardiogram) shows abnormalities, and we shall know the severity only after further investigations. Such abnormalities can be due to underlying blockages (which can be severe) or maybe due to high blood pressure (which is less severe).

So to ascertain the cause, she should undergo an echocardiogram and may also need a CT (computed tomography), coronary angiography. If the echocardiogram is abnormal, then she will directly need conventional angiography. Meanwhile, she should start with blood pressure medications and also blood thinners like Aspirin. She should also get her blood sugar, fasting lipid profile tests done.


Hello doctor,

Thanks for the reply.

She was COVID positive last year. She has burning sensation at rest and she also has other symptoms like heaviness.

What should be done?

Kindly help.



Welcome back to

She should be evaluated further with the tests I mentioned above, as there is a possibility of blockages in her arteries based on her symptoms. Till she undergoes further tests, she should have regular medications, which must have been prescribed to her by your local doctor.

All the best.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have high blood pressure and feel chest pain. Please help.

.. could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows: Resting...   Read full

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Fainting may otherwise occur due to pain or inadequate food intake as well ...   Read full

Can swelling in perianal area due to G-string mean herpes?

.. seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like perianal area is swollen secondary to explained injury. It will take a little time to heal completely. Kindly follow the following instructions: 1. Lignocaine gel for l...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Alzheimer's Disease - an Overview
Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative condition that can seriously hamper one's day to day activities and quality of life. ...  Read more»
My father is experiencing hospital delirium after ankle surgery. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am concerned about drug interaction for my father. He is experiencing hospital delirium after surgery. My ...  Read more»
Is there a chance for dengue reattack in the same season?
Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with dengue towards the end of last month. I was hospitalized for five days. I went through...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cardiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.