Burning Sensation Of Gums

Why is there burning sensation in the gums and palate after tooth cleaning?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I underwent tooth cleaning by a dentist, and they have damaged my gums. Because of this teeth cleaning, I have further symptoms: I have a burning sensation on the palate and the gums. I am having pressure on my teeth whenever they come in contact with sugar, fruit sug...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes taking too much medication also causes these burning, which you are describing. I went through all your attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For now, I would suggest stopping so many mouthwashes and toothpaste that you are taking...  Read Full »

My gums are inflamed and they hurt. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have gingivitis or that sort of thing my gums are not bleeding, but they hurt and feel like I burnt them at times. My tounge tingles at times. My gums look a little inflamed, but they hurt, and some teeth hurt, but X-rays look fine. Also, behind my wisdom teeth, it burns but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The situation you mention is very close (and likely to be) burning mouth syndrome (BMS). However, some more details would confirm the diagnosis. It is often aggravated by pericoronitis, a soft tissue inflammation surrounding an erupting wisdom tooth. In BMS, it is be...  Read Full »

Why do my gums hurt when I eat?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I eat spicy food, I feel some kind of irritation, burning sensation and pain in my gums. I do not have any cavity in my teeth. I got scaling done 2 years back. Once I stop eating spicy food, the pain fades away in few minutes. I would like to know the reason behind it. Please a...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

My gums are itchy after using mouthwash. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My gums are itchy after eating. I used mouthwash. After using it, I usually rinse my mouth with water. I started to have a burning sensation in my gums after using mouthwash. But still, my gums are itchy.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have gingivitis. You have itching sensation after having meals is because of the periodontal pocket presenting with a gap between the teeth and gums. Please mention about the mouthwash used whether it is Chlorhexidine or H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide). If you use H2O2, it...  Read Full »

Use of teeth whitening strips caused a burning sensation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have braces. Sometimes, I use whitening strips. Recently, it has caused a sharp burning feeling. Do I have a cavity?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are not having any cavities. It is dentin hypersensitivity. It is the most common problem caused by the use of whitening strips, followed by gum irritation. The peroxide chemical in the whiten...  Read Full »

Gums feel irritated after a recent cleaning. How to manage it?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently got my teeth cleaned with a water jet type cleaning, by a new hygienist. A few days later, my bottom front gums felt irritated. I took a look, and one gum looked as if it had been cut down toward root about 3 mm below the normal gum line like it was a mistake. I used a peroxi...  Read Full »

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Discontinue the use of peroxide type mouthwash, use a gum paint which could strengthen your gums. Gums may move a little downward after cleaning as the inflamed gums come back to normal size after cleaning and is normal. However, in the photograph (attachment remove...  Read Full »

I have very sore gums due to biting on my denture. How to fix this?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an upper plate and my natural teeth on the bottom. I am on my second plate and it fits very well. My problem is I constantly bite them together. And now I have very sore upper gums from the pressure. I also wear them 24/7. I take them out daily for cleaning. What can I do to ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Nida Shahab

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, stop wearing the plate (denture) for a week and apply gum paint there to make the gum tissue healthy again. After that, when you start wearing the plate again do not wear it all day. Wear it in the daytime only and you need to remove it at night and keep...  Read Full »

My gum was accidentally injured during dental treatment. Will it get infected?

Query: Hi doctor,I went to the dentist five days ago for three fillings and he also cut my gum. I forgot what he called it, and I guess it as periodontal. It is burning because of gingivitis. As of two days ago, my gum on the opposite side was swollen and visible when I smile. It hurts to eat, touch, or ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The accidental cut of the gums at the dental clinic will not infect the gums. It might bleed for a few minutes and stop. Also, the gums would have been healed by now.The swelling you are talking about should be for some other reason. The description of pain you give makes ...  Read Full »