Q. Can you explain the reason behind burning sensation of gums?

Answered by Dr. Subha and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Burning Sensation Of Gums or Gingivitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can you explain the reason behind burning sensation of gums?

Whenever I eat spicy food, I feel some kind of irritation, burning sensation and pain in my gums. I do not have any cavity in my teeth. I got scaling done 2 years back. Once I stop eating spicy food, the pain fades away in few minutes. I would like to know the reason behind it. Please advice me the preventive measures as well.