Burning Sensation Of Penis

Burning sensation in the penis usually occurs in cases of urinary tract infection, urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis, and sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes, genital warts, syphilis, chlamydia, or gonorrhea. A penile burning sensation can also occur due to allergies, balanitis, contact with irritants, dermatitis, diabetes, penile fracture, and priapism. Depending upon the cause, the doctor will suggest a treatment plan.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why is my penis burning after washing it with a shampoo?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old male, and I did put a lot of lousy shampoo full of chemicals on my penis while showering, and two days later, it started burning when I pee. It is the fourth day since it started burning, and it hurts like nothing before. There is also grey or yellow liquid coming from...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using shampoo and soap can cause irritation and burning when you pee, but usually, that issue continues only for two to three days and without urethral discharge. Kindly let me know if you had any unprotected sexual intercourse recently? If yes, then you need STD (sexu...  Read Full »

Why do I have burning sensation in penis after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 32-year-old. My testicles were paining initially. And after I consulted a medical doctor, he gave me a medicine tablet Ultracet. However, I am cured of this, but worrying me is a feeling of burning sensation in my penis. The doctor for the same had suggested I take Uribid 100 tablet t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ritu Kant Singh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You need not worry about your sexual life much, but I will advise you not to take any medicine except antibiotics without going through an investigation test. The probable causes are urinary stones, cystitis, or appendicitis. Clean the genital area with antiseptic and drink...  Read Full »

What is phimosis, and how is it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-years-old male, and recently, I have noticed that when I pull my foreskin down below the corona of the penis, there is a small acne-like thing on the body of my penis which pains when I get an erection. While I am wearing pants, there is very little pain that keeps going on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Fordyce spots are regular as you have read and are small whitish spots covering penile skin anywhere. There is no treatment recommended, and for prevention, nothing other than proper hygiene. Regarding acne, it can cause pain. Mostly it is due to infection and infla...  Read Full »

What causes itching and inflammation around the head of my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have got an infection in my penis. First, the symptoms started minor with itching. In a couple of days, it got worse, and it pains a lot. The head of the penis had turned red with inflammation. There seem to be some cuts on the side of the penis with fluid oozing out under the head. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It looks like you have a drug reaction, known as fixed drug eruption. Have you taken any medications just before the onset of this condition for any health issues like pain, fever, or stomach upset? Is this the first time this happened, and...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent burning and ulcers at the tip of penis even after topical medication?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a sexually inactive 29-year-old male. I have a burning sensation near the tip of the penis for few days while urinating. Before few days, I also had an ulcer under the head of the penis. I am circumcised. Sometimes, I have a burning sensation while doing ejaculation during masturbatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ulcer usually occurs due to friction.   Read Full »

Why is the head of my penis irritated and the skin peeling off?

Query: Hi doctor, Before two weeks, I had sex for the first time without a condom. Three days ago, I noticed that the head of my penis, which is folded from inside, is irritated. I am losing skin on my penis, there is every day a layer that is becoming very soft, and then I clean it by removing it (just b...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The most common cause will be a fungal infection, and the treatment will be with Canesten cream (Clotrimazole) to apply twice daily for a week. But since the lady is also symptomatic, it is better to go for STD (sexually transmitted disease) screening for both partners. STD...  Read Full »

Why am I experiencing burning in my penis with whitish discharge after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some burning sensation in my penis with some whitish discharge that comes out three to four times an hour. I started to have this after practicing unprotected sex.   Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can occur due to gonorrhea. It is highly transmittable and needs urgent treatment. As it is caused by bacteria, it is cured by taking antibiotics. Due to the escalation of antibiotic resistance, the choice of different antibiotics has been narrowed over these years. ...  Read Full »

Why did my inner foreskin start to burn after sex?

Query: Hi doctor,A week back, I had sex with my wife using a condom. The condom appeared to be a bit dry and we had rough sex. After sex, when I was washing up with soap I felt some burning sensation in the inner foreskin. There were some cuts. Also, when I pulled back the skin, I felt pain in my frenulum....  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This area of your body has very sensitive tissue. It should heal on its own. Healing can be delayed if complicated by infection. This is not your fault as pubic area has many bacteria that are present normally. To fasten the healing process, you need to clean the area thr...  Read Full »

What could cause burning sensation in the penis post unprotected oral sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I received unprotected oral sex from someone I did not know, and I have been having symptoms in the genital area ever since. The onset of symptoms happened as follows. First, a few days after the encounter, I have a burning at the tip of the penis. This went away on its own. I got p...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is clearly chronic prostatitis. It can be bacterial or abacterial (without bacteria). This is a long term inflammation of the prostate. Its treatment is difficult. Diagnosis is by prostatic massage and urine sample after that, but I request semen for culture eas...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my tight foreskin and burning sensation in the penis and anal area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sensitive penis for months. The foreskin does not retract smoothly, and there are some white smelly things insides the foreskin. Recently, there is a burning sensation, and I cannot locate the exact area. It is burning of the urethra as well as it seems the whole penis. I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a diabetic? Do you have a relation with multiple partners? I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The image shows balanitis. Usually, it is seen after bacterial or candidal infection. It is most common in diabe...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.