Burning Sensation Of Penis

Please suggest a test to confirm HIV.

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex 40 days back. I feel burning sensation in penis for last 1 month. I had HIV test after 12 days of exposure and it was negative. Now, I have severe throat pain and fever even after three days course of medication. What to do? Please guide.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your HIV tests (human immunodeficiency virus) are not conclusive because none of the test will become positive in 12 days. Your sexologist should have told you this. Please go for HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody test and HIV RNA RT-PCR test (reverse transcriptase polymerase ch...  Read Full »

What are the effects of Adderall on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. B...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. I think there is no relation about your past habit of Amphetamines and present burning in urethra. The burning pain of the urethra may be due to subclinical infection, which is not detected in urine test that you had. Did you have a urine c...  Read Full »

Is torn meatus dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 year old. I did not have any physical relationship till date. My meatus got torn from bottom of around 1 mm three weeks back due to masturbating on bed in jean. The meatus was swollen and looked like lips. I felt continuous need to urinate every 10 minutes or so. The urine was al...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First let me say that this is a minor issue and you need not worry. You have had a minor tear in meatus as per your description. It will heal definitely. It may take a couple of weeks still. You need not take any medicine or cream. In case it heals by scarring meatus beco...  Read Full »

What is male genital dysaesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning penis glans. It burns constantly and is ruining my life. It all started after I had thrush which is now gone. Sometimes, a very light red rash appears on glans and foreskin when warm. Testicle also can go red after rubbing or shower. My doctor said I have male genital d...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, based on your symptoms and examination I would concur with the opinion of your treating physician and his treatment. Penile hypersensitivity is very troublesome, but symptoms usually decrease with time. If very severe, circumcision may he...  Read Full »

How is burning sensation in the penis treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from nocturia. I have had two TURPs done about eight years ago with not much success. Anticholinergic drugs do not work Of recent I was going to urinate about nine times at night with an urge to urinate but little urine coming out. I have been to a urologist and the following...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How is your nocturia now? Have you had bladder diary maintained for nocturia? What is your bladder capacity on ultrasound? Burning sensation appears because of minor trauma during cystoscopy. It will take some weeks to heal. I suggest you take syrup Cital (alkali...  Read Full »

I am having burning sensation in groin and waist after surgery for spine TB. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old, male. I had two surgeries at the back (thoracic and lumbar) because of spine TB 13 years ago. Now I am having burning sensation in my groin area and on my waist, mostly right side. This used to come and go for the last few months. Last year I had similar sensation for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. MRI lumbar spine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Observations: There is mild straightening of the lumbar vertebrae and might suggest lumbar muscle spasm. There are small osteophytes in L2 vertebra posteriorly and L3 vertebra anteriorly. Vertebral bod...  Read Full »

What causes scrotum redness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having a burning sensation and redness in my scrotum. I consulted two doctors from the same hospital. The doctor diagnosed it as scrotal dermatitis. The first doctor prescribed the following: Motimesh cream (to be applied at night) for 10 days, Abzorb Dus...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be red scrotum syndrome. It is a chronic disease characterized by redness and burning on the scrotum. If I was your treating doctor, I...  Read Full »

Why do I have a burning sensation in tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in my penis for a few days. It has been on and off, and I recently noticed a red sore at the tip. I am very clean all the time and with a single partner. I drink a lot of water and stay clean. This appears to be infected, and it burns when I urinate and unti...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation in the tip of the penis can be due to balanitis, and it causes irritation and itching. If there is any growth, it can be due to PPP (pearly penile papules). Also, check for diabetes, and for investigation, you need to do random blood sugar, and a sw...  Read Full »

I have itching and burning sensation on penis after sex. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor,Twelve days ago I had protected sex with a girl I did not know after a night out. I showered that night maybe an hour afterward and used a perfume smelling body wash or shampoo. Whether it was in my head or actual, the next day I noticed an itchiness or rather a need to readjust my penis w...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. Well, you need not worry about any STD or fungal infection or jock itch or even about herpes as your lesions are not active right now. There is only mild redness which could be remnant of balanitis or friction. At the moment no sig...  Read Full »

I am suffering from penile itching, and burning, with ocassional discharge. Kindly suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-years-old, male, married, suffering from slight penile itching and burning in the pipe (through which we urinate) at almost the end of the penis and some times little penile discharge with no color and smell, please suggest me the prescription.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your problem can mostly be due to three common reasons, 1. Infection of urine, for confirmation of which you have to do urine routine microscopic test. 2. Urethritis, which is sexually transmitted diseases, as you are married, there is a possibility, i...  Read Full »