Burning Sensation Of Penis

Why do I have redness and burning in corona of glans?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness on the corona of glans. It has been for a few days now and burns a little after urinating. When I apply the ice, the redness lightened. But after a few hours, it is the same. I am worried if it is serious or just an injury? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you have unprotected sex or forceful erection because it seems that you have got an injury and due to that it is happening. Or other reason can be fungal infection so I would recommend you to apply Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole cream for two to three times a day f...  Read Full »

How to get rid of bumps and spots on the foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have these couple of spots on my foreskin, the reddest one that looks a little bumpy is where the skin is healing and tightening in on the small scab. The top side on the foreskin behind the head is flat, and there is a pink patch of skin. The one on the underside of the head is also j...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that are provided here, you may be suffering from balanitis which inflammation of the glans or the head of the penis due to infections, impr...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent burning and ulcers at the tip of penis even after topical medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation near the tip of my penis from a few days when I urinate. A few days ago, I also had some ulcer just underneath the head of my penis. Also, I am circumcised. I am a sexually inactive 29-year-old male. It also burns near the tip sometimes when I ejaculate fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ulcer is most probably caused due to friction.  Read Full »

What is the reason for persistent burning sensation in penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a burning sensation in the penis for the past two months. Urine routine test and sonography of KUB done. All reports are normal. I have taken multi rounds of antibiotics, but it did not help. I was having problems with constipation and early signs of piles and this bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few more details. Are you sexually active? If yes, any sexual contact with an unknown person? How many days of Doxycycline was taken? Does your burning increase after passing urine or after ejaculation? Any fever earlier? What is the frequency of ...  Read Full »

What could cause burning sensation in the external urethral orifice?

Query: Hello doctor, My penile external urethral orifice (urethral meatus) burns at some places when I touch I. Is that normal or is there any infection? I am noticing from one year and it burns in some places only when I touch, whereas in other places it does not. May I know why? And every report is norm...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any swelling, inflammation, or redness near urethral orifice? History of urethritis? Burning micturition? Increased frequency of urination? Lower abdominal pain? Sexual history? Are you sexually active? Any contact with irritant, or scented lotion or soap?A...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for sticky penis and inflammation of foreskin after breakage of condom?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a condom tear while having sex. Two weeks later, I developed symptoms of pain and slight swelling in my right testicle, lower abdominal pain, and foreskin inflammation. Thinking it to be chlamydia, I took 1g single dose of Azithromycin. It provided me some relief but two weeks l...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your worry about the swelling of the foreskin you covered with antibiotics with a single dose of Azithromycin and later with one week of Amoxicillin. If there is sexually transmitted disease it might come back for mainly two reasons. Firstly, incomplete tre...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent redness on penis foreskin with burning sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male 43-year-old. I have redness on the inside of the penis foreskin and burning sensation on a small part of the penis prepuce. I had a similar condition about four years back and consulted a skin specialist and got cured. I was recommended some medicine and Pyrimon eye drops...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If possible provide me photographs of the affected areas which will help me for a better understanding of your skin problem and proper treatment plan.  Read Full »

What could be the reason for redness and burning in urethra?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dry masturbated for years and it created dry, itchy skin on my penis shaft. I read where coconut oil had soothing qualities for sore skin. So I tried it for four to five times for three days. Some of it got into my urethra. I noticed some minor redness five days ago so I stop...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, the tip of urethra is slightly more reddish compared to the rest of the penis head, as the mucosa is thin over there compared to the penis head. It is possible that you have not noticed it or paid attention to it before, and now became more aware due to oil...  Read Full »

Burning sensation in my penis does not subside even after medication. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in the penis for the last 20 days. For the first seven days, I took Terbinafine tablet and Candid cream. The next seven days I took Oflomac 400, Afdura, and Urispas. But the burning sensation is still there. I also have a little bit of swelling in the glans...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your queries. You may have complicated UTI (urinary tract infection). You have to undergo another test. Send VB3 (voided bladder 3) urine or EPS for culture and sensitivity. EPS means expressed prostatic secretion. Voided bladder sample 3 means ur...  Read Full »

Please suggest a test to confirm HIV.

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex 40 days back. I feel burning sensation in penis for last 1 month. I had HIV test after 12 days of exposure and it was negative. Now, I have severe throat pain and fever even after three days course of medication. What to do? Please guide.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your HIV tests (human immunodeficiency virus) are not conclusive because none of the test will become positive in 12 days. Your sexologist should have told you this. Please go for HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody test and HIV RNA RT-PCR test (reverse transcriptase polymerase ch...  Read Full »