Q. I have burning sensation in my penis with bloody discharge after using a shampoo. Please help me.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily

I am a 19-year-old male, and I did put a lot of lousy shampoo full of chemicals on my penis while showering, and two days later, it started burning when I pee. It is the fourth day since it started burning, and it hurts like nothing before. There is also grey or yellow liquid coming from my penis from time to time with some drops of blood. I have been taking two painkillers a day, but it is not helping.

#

Using shampoo and soap can cause irritation and burning when you pee, but usually, that issue continues only for two to three days and without urethral discharge.

Kindly let me know if you had any unprotected sexual intercourse recently? If yes, then you need STD (sexually transmitted disease) screening includes a urethral swab for gonococcal, chlamydia infections, and blood test for hepatitis B and C, syphilis, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), and herpes simplex. If no sexual intercourse, then you need a simple urethral swab for culture. Sometimes inflammation from the product can cause infection and needs antibiotics.

Please follow up with the test result so I can suggest the appropriate medication for you.

If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards.

|