Q. I have burning sensation in penis while urinating. Kindly help.

Dr. Vaibhav

I am experiencing a burning sensation in the penis for the past two months. Urine routine test and sonography of KUB done. All reports are normal. I have taken multi rounds of antibiotics, but it did not help.

I was having problems with constipation and early signs of piles and this burning sensation started just after it. Also, I am having some lower back pain. I am not sure if it is a muscular pain or related to something else. I can see some rashes inside the urethra. Kindly help.

#

I need to know a few more details.

Are you sexually active? If yes, any sexual contact with an unknown person? How many days of Doxycycline was taken? Does your burning increase after passing urine or after ejaculation? Any fever earlier? What is the frequency of urination at day and night time? Has any urologist done any physical examination until now?

I am not sexually active for the past six months. And I took Doxycycline for 10 days. Burning sensation increases a little bit after passing urine. Most of the time it is persistent with mild burning. I have no fever, and I pass four or five times a day.

I consulted a doctor once, and he examined my penis. Unfortunately, because of the lockdown, he is not available.

#

On images, you have shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no major problem seen. Yes, the urethral opening can have some inflammation, but that is not specific for any reason. Your problems mostly look related to prostate infection, which usually takes time to resolve.

You can continue tablet Pyridium and start syrup KCIT 10 ml twice daily for five days, it decreases urine PH, and will decrease the burning. Water intake needs to be at least 2 to 2.5 liters per day. Even after all treatment, if the problem is not resolved, then a long course of antibiotics (two to three months) and a cystoscopy test may be needed.

| 

Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding sexually transmitted infection. I had unprotected sex 51 days back. I had mild fever with a very mild burning sensation on my penis for three days after that encounter. I consulted a doctor and she gave five shots of Ceftriaxone for five days. The mild burning ...  Read Full »

Can you explain the conditions which cause right lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having mild pain in my mid and right lower abdomen region. When I press, I can feel some gas moving inside. I poked it continuously. I am also burping and passing gas. My doubts are, is the pain due to gas? Or did my constant poking worsen it? Or is it something serious like appendi...  Read Full »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?

Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»