Q. I have redness in corona of glans with burning during urination. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I have redness on the corona of glans. It has been for a few days now and burns a little after urinating. When I apply the ice, the redness lightened. But after a few hours, it is the same. I am worried if it is serious or just an injury? Please help.

#

Did you have unprotected sex or forceful erection because it seems that you have got an injury and due to that it is happening. Or other reason can be fungal infection so I would recommend you to apply Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole cream for two to three times a day for three days. This cream will help you with infection, redness and swelling as well.

Also take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once daily to reduce the inflammation and odd sensation. After three days, late me know your condition. I will prescribe further medicines if need.

I am single and have not had sex in months. And unprotected never. I have been applying Candid B cream, but no improvement. I was indulging in some more than required manual stimulation.

#

No problem. Use the cream I prescribed. It has both effects (healing and anti-infection) and let me know after three days. So in case if no improvement, I will prescribe more medicines.

There seems to be a slight change in the color. It is reducing. No other symptoms. Please suggest a way forward.

#

Then you can continue the same treatment for a week, and please do urine analysis because sometimes such sensation or redness can be due to urinary tract infection. So, in that case, I have to prescribe oral antibiotics. Please do a urine routine and microscope test. And send me reports.

Until that, use the same Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole cream two to three times a day, tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day. But please do a urine test.

It is an easy test, and you can do it at a nearby lab. And send me reports. I will go through and let you know. If anything else, please let me know.

| 

What are the effects of Adderall on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. B...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have UTI because of sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding my urine. I feel I might have urinary tract infection, as I feel slight burning while passing the urine, and once the urine is done for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my urine is cloudy, or milky type at the beginning of the urine. Leukocyte esterase came posi...  Read Full »

Can Hydrozole be used for jock itch?

Query: Hi doctor, I had jock itch two months ago for the very first time. It is still there but fading. I started using Hydrozole cream two weeks ago, it seems to be working. How long it would take for a complete cure? After using this cream I fell some itch in legs. Now the groin skin appears red and ver...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»