Q. I have redness in corona of glans with burning during urination. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have redness on the corona of glans. It has been for a few days now and burns a little after urinating. When I apply the ice, the redness lightened. But after a few hours, it is the same. I am worried if it is serious or just an injury? Please help.



Welcome to

Did you have unprotected sex or forceful erection because it seems that you have got an injury and due to that it is happening. Or other reason can be fungal infection so I would recommend you to apply Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole cream for two to three times a day for three days. This cream will help you with infection, redness and swelling as well.

Also take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once daily to reduce the inflammation and odd sensation. After three days, late me know your condition. I will prescribe further medicines if need.

Thank you doctor,

I am single and have not had sex in months. And unprotected never. I have been applying Candid B cream, but no improvement. I was indulging in some more than required manual stimulation.



Welcome back to

No problem. Use the cream I prescribed. It has both effects (healing and anti-infection) and let me know after three days. So in case if no improvement, I will prescribe more medicines.

Thank you doctor,

There seems to be a slight change in the color. It is reducing. No other symptoms. Please suggest a way forward.



Welcome back to

Then you can continue the same treatment for a week, and please do urine analysis because sometimes such sensation or redness can be due to urinary tract infection. So, in that case, I have to prescribe oral antibiotics. Please do a urine routine and microscope test. And send me reports.

Until that, use the same Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole cream two to three times a day, tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day. But please do a urine test.

It is an easy test, and you can do it at a nearby lab. And send me reports. I will go through and let you know. If anything else, please let me know.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Would excess of Amphetamine cause burning sensation of penis?

.. and do not worry. I think there is no relation about your past habit of Amphetamines and present burning in urethra. The burning pain of the urethra may be due to subclinical infection, which is not detected in urine test that you had. Did you ha...   Read full

Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

.. of Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole) cream contains steroid and should not be used as a treatment for jock itch (fungal infection of the groin). You will experience temporary relief while using it but your condition will aggravate once you stop usi...   Read full

What is the reason for recurring white spots on my genital area?

.. to be related to some atypical skin lesions that respond well to Beclomin (Beclomethasone and Miconazole nitrate) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These can or cannot be sexually transmitted disease-related symptoms. It depends on...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Managing Diabetes During Festive Season
All the festivals are indirectly a danger sign for diabetic patients. Read this article to know more about how to handle...  Read more»
What You Should Eat and Drink for A Healthy Life!!
Food is essential for our survival, and what we eat definitely impacts our health. We can easily reduce the risk of many...  Read more»
What Is ADHD and How Is It Managed?
This article discusses ADHD, whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common c...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.