Q. What causes burning sensation and pain in the penis after ejaculation?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I had a slight burning sensation after ejaculating. The burning was felt when I ejaculated for the second time that day, and there was no burning during the first time. It has not returned since, but I noticed a dull pain every once in a while in my penis after that incident.

Kindly help.

#

The two main reasons for burning sensation and pain after ejaculation are;

1) Infection in the prostate.

2) Allergy to rubbing agent during masturbation.

Prostatitis is one frequent issue in males. It is the inflammation of the prostate due to infection. A semen culture is needed to find a prostate infection. Once the infection is identified, the treatment can be started with antibiotics, and the course of treatment is about four weeks. The choice of antibiotic depends on the culture result.

Secondly, suppose you got burning, especially at the tip of the penis. In that case, there might be inflammation due to the agent used in rubbing the penis during masturbation, and we need to change the agent or use olive oil instead.

Please follow up with the test result, and we will assess you further.

If you have any more queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the reply.

Where would I go for testing?

Thanks.

#

This test is widely available in many laboratories around you. They will give you the bottle, and you will collect the semen for investigation in it. Kindly avoid touching the bottle from inside to reduce the risk of contamination.

Please do follow up.

Kind regards.

|