Q. Can unprotected sex be the reason behind pain and burning sensation all over the body?

Dr. J. N. Naidu

I had unprotected sex about two months ago. After forty days, we both took a antibody test, and both were negative. She got no symptoms, even no sneezing, but I got a burning sensation in my legs, hands, feet, toes, and neck that radiates toward the jaw, ear, and groin region. There are no swelling or muscle cramps and weakness, sore throat, and two rashes on the arm. After that day, I was too stressed and depressed.

#

Your symptoms appear to be unrelated to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). However, many bacterial infections can cause similar symptoms. As you tested negative, your worry appears unwarranted. You may get tested again three months after exposure to have peace of mind.

|