Q. I am suffering from burning sensation all over my body. Kindly advice.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am feeling burning in my whole body, especially in ribs and sometimes shoulders. Why?

Hematology Pathology

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

The burning pain is usually due to nerve irritation by neuropathy. The cause for peripheral neuropathy could be due to diabetes, cervical spinal problem, etc. You need to investigate with random blood sugar estimation an X-ray of the cervical spine. I suggest you consult nearby physician for detailed evaluation also. Meanwhile, you can take because like multivitamin B complex tablets. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I am having burning sensation in my scrotum after oral sex. Could it be HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I had receptive oral sex (received fellation) with an escort girl three weeks ago. Since then, I have got urethritis three days after. I have been treated with Levofloxacin for 10 days. The urethritis got cured, but I kept getting some strange burning sensations in my scrotum and the to...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sushma Shah
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Oral sex is least related to HIV. Symptoms are very bizarre and mostly by oral sex HSV, and STI is common. The tickling sensation is different as such, may be seen in vitamin B 12 deficiency, and anxiety. Symptoms come but goes in a particular time. You can still go...  Read Full

What is male genital dysaesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning penis glans. It burns constantly and is ruining my life. It all started after I had thrush which is now gone. Sometimes, a very light red rash appears on glans and foreskin when warm. Testicle also can go red after rubbing or shower. My doctor said I have male genital d...  Read Full >>

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, based on your symptoms and examination I would concur with the opinion of your treating physician and his treatment. Penile hypersensitivity is very troublesome, but symptoms usually decrease with time. If very severe, circumcision may he...  Read Full

Why is there numbness in my hands and feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have numbness in my hands and feet for the past two years. It is worsening gradually. The last month, it has got significantly aggravated. The numbness starts with tingling. When I am trying to grab something, I am unable to grab it. I also suffer from worsening cognitive function as I...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have vitamin B12 deficiency. Your symptoms are related to peripheral neuropathy. It is caused due to vitamin B12 deficiency. It is necessary to perform some tests to know the possible cause. You have to investigate vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 plasma levels for ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now