Q. What causes burning sensation during sexual intercourse?

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

I have had a burning sensation during intercourse for the past month. I also got STIs checked, but they came negative.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. The burning sensation inside the vagina could be due to a urinary or bacterial infection (non-sexually transmitted diseases). A urine routine microscopy, high vaginal swab culture, and sensitivity test in the laboratory are essential. If the burning sensation persists, you need to do a urine routine microscopy of your partner as well.

I suggest you to take a probiotic tablet or sachet for a week.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

I have also been treated for urinary tract infections, but it did not work. I took Macrobid antibiotic treatment, but it did not help.

Kindly help.

#

Then it would help if you did a urine routine microscopy and culture sensitivity of yourself and your partners. The infection often leads to vaginal irritation and burning.

I suggest you to take probiotics, including yogurt, for seven days and avoid unprotected intercourse till your partner’s urine test report comes.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

We have been doing safe and protected sex and never had unprotected sex; still, can it be due to my partner?

Kindly help.

#

Yes. It could be due to the partner if there were any accidental leakage or contact. Do not worry. Take the probiotic and enough fluids, and you will be fine.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|