Q. How long should I wait to get pregnant after C-section?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta
Published on Feb 15, 2019

I had a C-section eight years ago with my son and a C-section seven months back with my daughter. I am interested in having another child and wanted to plan on coming off of birth control till mid of this year. My doctor said that, in general, they prefer women to have two years between deliveries. My question is, when will my uterus get completely healed and ready to handle the pressure of another pregnancy? If I get pregnant sooner than later, I would be a few months less of the two-year mark.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

Generally, by book, it needs 18 months for your uterus to heal from the previous cesarean cut, but healing is regulated by many factors like intrinsic tissue quality, general nutritional status of the lady, the healing power of the body, diabetes, postoperative convalescence, sepsis, the presence of protein diet, etc.

Since you had another C-section, did the doctor mention the difficulty of the cesarean section at that time? Did your first and second cesarean go well or was associated with greater care than general? Since the healing is dependent on a lot of things, and also the uterus can never come back to its original strength due to two scars on the body, so the two-year safety mark. So, if you wish to take the pregnancy sooner, you should be compliant in visiting a doctor in a tertiary care center, with an emergency OT and blood bank facility.

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howeve...  Read Article

HSG report shows some problem in left fallopian tube. Can I conceive naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have gone for all relevant test for checking infertility. My AMH and thyroid report are both normal. My HSG report is showing issues about the left tube. I am attaching my report kindly review and let me know if I can conceive naturally or next what should I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The HSG (hysterosalpingogram) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a left sided cornual block of the left fallopian tube but the right is patent, so pregnancy is possible, but that would depend on the ovarian side which ovulates...  Read Full

Why am I having heavy hair fall post C-section delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two C-sections and within a gap of 2.8 months post delivery, I had heavy hair fall. So I took Lycopodium 15 drops twice a day for 15 days and simultaneously used a mixture of Jaborandi, Amla, and Arnica with coconut oil. For few months hair fall was less but suddenly again I star...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start Sepia 30 five pills in the morning, noon, and then Wiesbaden 200 five pills at bedtime. Arnica mother tincture 10 drops in coconut oil (amount for one use) mix it and apply in hair roots thrice in a week. Apart from these, Fenugreek seeds are good for hai...  Read Full