Q. Can cabbage juice be used for gastritis without affecting thyroid?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Jul 13, 2019

I wanted to try cabbage juice for my gastritis. Should I be worried about the effects of cabbage on thyroid?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Cabbage juice is very effective in gastritis and peptic ulcer. It contains several micronutrients, phytochemical and antioxidants. Sulforaphane is an antioxidant found in cabbage juice which helps to reduce Helicobacter pylori. So you can take it. It does not affect thyroid profile.

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blo...  Read Full

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for such a detailed history, it makes my job easier. I would want to know what was the result of the biopsy or FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology). Based on that, I shall be in a better position to tell you the next step. Your thyroid is functioning to i...  Read Full

Can certain foods affect the absorption of Synthroid?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking 50 mcg of Synthroid for many years. Today my doctor says my numbers got lower and she wants to increase my level of Synthroid a little. She asked if I take any calcium supplements but I do not. However, I read about things that could affect absorption of Synthroid l...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Foods such as cabbage and cauliflower have been seen to contain anti-thyroid properties and these are to be avoided totally if one has hypothyroidism. The foods which you have mentioned do inhibit absorption of thyroid if taken simultaneously....  Read Full

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now