Q. I have a pricking sensation when I hold my phone. Why?

I am an 18 year old female. I have a problem with my fingers. They keep hurting, even if I hold my phone for just fifteen minutes. At the beginning, it was just a prick that came a few times per day. Now, I feel my fingers burning and itching, to the extent, I have to stop whatever I am doing. One year ago, in a hospital, they told me I had a slight lack of calcium and honestly I do not drink a lot of milk or eat cheese. Is it the cause?

Dr.Lokesh Sharoff
MBBS., D.ORTHO., DNB ORTHO., FELLOWSHIP-JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY., MNAMS
Orthopedics And Traumatology, Spine Health, Spine Surgery

• This is due to electrical hypersensitivity. This can happen due to a vitamin B12, calcium or vitamin D deficiency.
  • I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg and methylcobalamin 1500 mcg, one tablet before food at 7 PM every day for 15 days.
  2. Tablet Shelcal (Calcium), one tablet in the morning before food, for 30 days.
  3. Tablet Vitamin D (60 K) once daily for 10 days, then once a month for 11 months.
  • Reduce the usage of cell phones and other electronics.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of the report or image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with the clinical findings.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Ask a Family Physician »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Ask Your Question »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.