Q. What are the dark grayish colored patches on my upper four teeth?

Dr. Tinu Thampy

I am a 24 year old female, and I have dark grayish colored patches on the crown of my four upper teeth along the gum line. I can send pictures if you want. Is it periodontitis? I am very scared.

#

Thank you for your query.

• The dark gray colored deposits on your teeth is a part of the subgingival calculus. That means, the deposits started long back and irritated the gingiva. The slight bleeding from gums made it stained.
  • This is not periodontitis. But, it is the starting phase of gum disease. This can be reversed by proper scaling and root polishing by a dentist at the earliest. If the treatment is delayed, then it can progress to periodontitis.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|