Q. I am suffering from calf pain for past six months. Kindly advice.

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Published on Jul 11, 2019

I used to run about five km and do cycling about 6 km. I got a calf pain six months ago, though it would get normal in a few days, the pain persists, the MRI shows nothing. The doctors tell everything is fine, but the pain is too much, could not even walk for a few mins continuously. The pain is exactly on the outer part of the left calf muscle where I could feel it in a particular position like a small line. But the sickness spreads over the entire calf.

#

It would be nice if you can share the MRI reports with us so we can comment accurately. In general, without the MRI, I suspect this to be a muscle injury, which is healing slowly. As MRI too have limitations, we have to follow the clinical signs and symptoms and treat according to the clinical symptoms.

This sounds to me as a muscle injury, due to which there is a muscle imbalance. I will advise undergoing muscle re-education, and muscle balance board training, which can help correct the actual action of the muscle and a proper torque can be applied with the contraction of the muscles. Later a graded practice of the lower limb will be good. If the nature of the pain is burning, tingling, radiating, and numbing, etc., that we may have to look out for any nerve root entrapment and treat accordingly. Please share the MRI reports if possible.

| 

MRI of which body parts will best reveal spondyloarthropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male and I was diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy seven years back. I am taking only Sulfasalazine tablets daily. Currently, I do not have any pain or stiffness. My HLA-B27 report is negative. Now, if I do the following MRIs, how much chances are there...  Read Full »

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

How can severe hip pain be effectively treated?

Query: Hello doctor, From the start of this month, I have been suffering hip pain and some tightness around the lumbar region. I had a steriod injection and thereafter the pain reduced to 80%. I was on Aceclofenac 100 mg two times a day after 15 days. I had an MRI and the report is attached. I have a majo...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now