Q. I have a pain on the inside of my calf muscle after playing a sport. What do I do?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I think I have a posterior tibial stress fracture. I am a long-distance runner. I play many sports but after playing frisbee, I have a pain on the inside of my calf muscle. I was advised by friends and family to take rest and do strength training. I did both but, neither worked. This pain is triggered only after playing frisbee. What do I do?

#

Firstly, we need to make the right diagnosis.

• You need to get a digital X-ray of both your legs to confirm the diagnosis of a stress fracture. If it is a stress fracture, then you need to rest your leg in a cast for six weeks.
  • Secondly, you need to test your vitamin D levels. Once we have the information, we can plan the treatment accordingly.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|