Q. What is the procedure to remove a blister in hand?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2020

I have a blister in hand. This was caused because of playing tennis. I initially got this three years back. But, it is still persisting. It does not trouble when I do not play, but is uncomfortable while playing. Since I have it for long, please suggest any ointment. Also, advice if it can be removed completely with any procedure.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• I have reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you have developed callosity due to playing tennis and because of the friction caused by holding a racquet.
  • I would suggest applying Duofilm lotion or Salex L lotion (Salicylic acid) on the affected areas twice daily.
  • With time you will notice the skin getting soft and you can remove the dead skin by scrubbing with a pumice stone. Continue this for four weeks and revert.
  • Alternatively, you can also consult a dermatologist and get it removed permanently by paring of the lesion or getting it enucleated.

Revert back after four weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 
I had applied the duafilm lotion the caluse had got peeled off after a couple of weeks. But after playing tennis it reoccurred slightly. I have applied the solution again and caluse seems to have got removed again. Photo attached.
How can I prevent reoccurrence?
I will stop playing for the next 4 days. Please suggest other precaution that i can take.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
# I have reviewed the attached photograph and have gone through your complaints.
I do understand your concern but it is recurring due to the constant friction from the tennis racquet.
To prevent its recurrence you should try to wear something that can reduce the friction while playing tennis .
Also apply xerina cream on the hands twice daily. It is a good quality moisturising cream which contains keratolytic agents that will keep the hands soft.
This will also prevent the formation of callosity.
Regards
Dr Asmeet

| 

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts

Article Overview: If the skin on your feet feels hard, rough, dry, and painful while walking, it might be corn or callosities. Reach out to a doctor now. Read Article

Definition of Corns and callosities Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Featu...  Read Article

My acne spots are getting worse. How can I remove them?

Query: Hi doctor, My acne is getting worse. The spots are on my face, back and chest. I have had the spots for about two years now. How can I remove the spots from my face?  Read Full »

Can I use C Sora ointment if I have a fungal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Should I use C Sora ointment (Clobetasol propionate and Salicylic acid ointment) on my face when having a fungal infection?  Read Full »