Q. What are the natural ways of reducing calprotectin in Crohn's disease naturally?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

How to reduce calprotectin for Crohn's disease naturally? My cousin has been diagnosed with Crohn's disease three months back. Earlier, he had diarrhea, but now he is more controlled with foods, and there are no symptoms. But the calprotectin test resulted as 305 ug/g. His ESR and CRP are normal. He is 10 years old and weighs 68 pounds and 4.67 ft in height.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I can understand your concern. It is very common to high level of calprotectin in stool. Because Calprotectin is a protein released by a neutrophil during inflammation in gastrointestinal tract. Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition that is why Calprotectin is found in stool. It can be manage naturally through ayurvedic medicines.

Inflammation in GIT.

Ulcerative colitis.

Crohn's disease.

The following medicines may help in this condition.

1. Bilvadi lehyam 1 teaspoon twice a day before food.
2. Dadimashtaka Churna 3 gm twice a day after meals.
3. Kutajghan Vati 2 tablets twice a day after meals.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Quit smoking and drinking if you have these habits.
Avoid cold drinks soft drinks ice-cream etc.
Do regular kapalbhati and Mandukasana as well as pranayana like anuloma vilom nadi sodhan and bhramari.

|