Q. What are the natural ways of reducing calprotectin in Crohn's disease naturally?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Oct 07, 2019

How to reduce calprotectin for Crohn's disease naturally? My cousin has been diagnosed with Crohn's disease three months back. Earlier, he had diarrhea, but now he is more controlled with foods, and there are no symptoms. But the calprotectin test resulted as 305 ug/g. His ESR and CRP are normal. He is 10 years old and weighs 68 pounds and 4.67 ft in height.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I can understand your concern. It is very common to high level of calprotectin in stool. Because Calprotectin is a protein released by a neutrophil during inflammation in gastrointestinal tract. Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition that is why Calprotectin is found in stool. It can be manage naturally through ayurvedic medicines.

Inflammation in GIT.

Ulcerative colitis.

Crohn's disease.

The following medicines may help in this condition.

1. Bilvadi lehyam 1 teaspoon twice a day before food.
2. Dadimashtaka Churna 3 gm twice a day after meals.
3. Kutajghan Vati 2 tablets twice a day after meals.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Quit smoking and drinking if you have these habits.
Avoid cold drinks soft drinks ice-cream etc.
Do regular kapalbhati and Mandukasana as well as pranayana like anuloma vilom nadi sodhan and bhramari.

| 

How to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter was born with tyrosinemia type 1. She had diarrhea and bloody stools for 10 days, a month back. She was tested for many things, and everything came back normal, except her calprotectin level was 1250 while she had loose and bloody stools. She was admitted and h...  Read Full »

Nutritional Management of Children with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis

Article Overview: It becomes very challenging to deal with the nutritional needs of children suffering from Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis as the children suffering from these kinds of inflammatory bowel disease experience chronic pain in their abdomen. These children experience chronic inflammation and therefore should not be given very spicy foods as it may trigger the inflammation further. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following is the nutritional management of children with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Avoid Food Sensitivities Many times, it is observed that the children suffering from inflammatory bowel diseases develop intolerances towards certain foods. Maintaining a proper food diary helps ...  Read Article

Please suggest treatment for Crohn's disease.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. I have an early stage of Crohn's disease. Do you have treatment for Crohn's disease? Is it a curable disease?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now