Q. Is it safe for a woman with cancer to take an emergency contraceptive pill?

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

My friend has stage three esophageal cancer. Her doctor said that she is recovering well. She had unprotected sex with her fiance. She is in a panic now. She has planned to take Unwanted 72 pills to prevent a pregnancy. But my question is, will she have serious health issues if she takes it during cancer? If yes, is there any alternative to this? Please help soon.

#

• You have missed mentioning if the patient is currently on treatment or post treatment. If she is on chemotherapy or radiation therapy, she should not get pregnant.
  • But taking contraceptive medicines does not affect cancer in any way. She can take these pills without worrying about adverse consequences.

All the best.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|