Q. Please interpret the blood report taken for regular checkup in a cancer patient.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Patient is a cancer survivor. Due to lockdown, I am unable to do the routine checkup from the hospital. We did some blood test to know her health condition. Please check reports and let me know is everything is normal or not? She is currently on medications for hypertension and diabetes. I have attached the files.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Except some inflammatory markers and glycemic and liver function reports others are near to normal.

I would advise you to get concerned about your blood glucose level and glycemic control. As you have not indicated the medications which you are on kindly refer to your treating physician as you might have to increase or upgrade your medication.

Your vitamin levels are also low viz. Vitamin B1 and others. Your physician might start you on multivitamins and iron tablets according to your reports and might get you for sonography if required after clinical examination.

To summarize, I would advise you to get an appointment with a diabetologist or a physician for thorough clinical assessment and vitals. Please start recording your blood glucose and blood pressure on a regular basis with guidance from your treating physician.

Chronic diabetes and hypertension. Poor glycemic control.

LFT (liver function test). USG (ultrasound).

Gall stones. Hyperlipidemia. Coronary atherosclerosis.

Diabetes with complications.

Regular glucose and BP monitoring. Lifestyle changes and adherence to treatment plan as planned by treating physician.

Regular medications and aerobic exercise. Relaxation and lifestyle changes with monitoring and guidance under treating physician.

Follow up with treating physician.

|