Q. I am getting on and off bumps on the penis. What are they?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I have had these bumps on my penis for a while. I have been looked at by a dermatologist and he said that it was nothing. As it keeps getting red, I thought it was some yeast infection and applied cream on it. It was a three year old cream and I believe that has what made it worse. I have attached two pictures here. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.

It does seem like a candidal infection, especially if there is some itching or burning sensation.

You may consider getting your fasting blood glucose levels tested.

1. I suggest applying antifungal cream over it preferably one containing Sertaconazole or Clotrimazole twice a day for two weeks.
2. In addition, I also suggest tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet a week for two weeks and an antihistamine like Levocetirizine 5 mg once or twice daily if there is any itching or burning.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

If your partner has any yeast infection, then it may be getting transmitted.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

They have not been back since the last time we spoke. When I pee, I usually tend to leak in my pants a little. So, I tend to pull my skin back and dry it with my boxers. Sometimes, after I masturbate, these bumps appear and they never usually hurt and only last for a few days. It is just embarrassing and I do not know what it is. I have had eczema and psoriasis, but I would really like some help. Here are a few more pictures. Please help.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

• It does not seem to be eczematous or psoriatic at the first look. They still seem to me like yeast infection.
  • Keeping your undergarments dry is very important as it grows in hot and humid conditions.
  • As discussed earlier, apply antifungal cream over it for two weeks and let me know the result.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Do I need to rule out herpes and any other STD? It seems to be gone in a day or two at most. But I find, when I use this cream it makes it much worse than it is right now.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

• This does not seem like herpes or any other STD (sexually transmitted disease) like molluscum, warts, gonorrhea, syphilis, etc.
  • Herpes usually does cause some burning sensation. Nonetheless, testing for herpes can be done as your lesions come and go and are not responding to antifungals.
  • IgG HSV 1 and 2 should be done and if positive means that herpes could be a cause of your symptoms.
  • If the above test is negative, then your dermatologist may prescribe you a combination cream like the one containing Clotrimazole or Sertaconazole plus Beclomethasone or hydrocortisone such as Candid-B cream, which is worth a shot in such lesions.
  • If there is any eczematous component of the lesions, then this cream would provide relief of signs and symptoms.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|