Q. There is itching and accumulated dirt in my foreskin. Why?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
Published on Nov 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having itching and some accumulated dirt in my penis foreskin. Please help.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• It could be smegma (buildup of dead skin cell between foreskin and penis). Send me clear pictures to help you out with the problem.

Follow up with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks doctor,

Since I am applying Candid cream in the morning and night for the past three days, I could not take the snap. This problem coming up like accumulation of some dirt and I could get that in hand when I rub the foreskin area. I also have some itching. I am using Candid-B cream for the past three days. Shall I continue the same for another week? Or can you suggest for something different to fix my problem.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Take capsule Forcan (Fluconazole) 200 mg once weekly for four weeks and apply candid cream at night.
  • Clean the area and try to keep it dry. During day time use Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole dusting powder).
  • Change underwear every day and wash and clean the genital area twice daily. It should be fine. I still feel that the diagnosis is difficult without a picture. 

Follow up after a week with pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

As suggested by you, I am using Forcan 200 mg along with Abzorb powder during daytime and Candid-B cream at night. I am also trying to keep the area clean. Current status is I am not getting the white dirt accumulation from this week, since the area is dry with Abzorb powder. Sometimes, when I left it wet I rarely get the little dirt in the foreskin area of penis. Also, very little itching. Shall I continue with the same medication of Abzorb powder, Candid-B in night and Forcan-200 mg for another three weeks? And when can I stop Abzorb powder and Candid-b cream? Please guide me. Thanks for your patience in hearing.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Continue with Candid-B cream (combination of Clotrimazole and Betamethasone dipropionate) for another 12 days. Then stop it and switch over to Candid cream. Continue it for the next two weeks.
  • Abzorb powder is to be continued till first week of next month and so is the capsule Forcan 200 mg.
  • Revert back once it is done and I will tell you the other medicines for maintenance depending on your improvement. Send me clear picture at the time of review.

Revert back after a month with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How Do I Overcome Premature Ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'11'' and I weigh 91 kg. I plan to get married this year. I am currently on no medication. I currently have the following problems for which I desire to seek some solution for premature ejaculation. I think so, there is some kind of problem on the forehea...  Read Full »

Keeping Your Teeth Clean !!!

Article Overview: Brushing your teeth twice daily helps to remove the plaque and food particles between the teeth and helps to maintain optimal oral health. Read Article

Brush your teeth twice a day using a fluoride tooth paste. Replace your toothbrush every three or four months or sooner if the bristles are frayed.  A worn toothbrush won't do a good job of cleaning your teeth.  Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdentally cleaner. Decay -...  Read Article

What is Fourderm cream used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working at a steel industry. So, due to excess heat in the workplace I always have a lot of sweat in private areas. I consult a doctor for the infection. He prescribed me Betadine powder to use and Fourderm cream. Is it helpful?  Read Full »