Q. There is itching and accumulated dirt in my foreskin. Why?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having itching and some accumulated dirt in my penis foreskin. Please help.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• It could be smegma (buildup of dead skin cell between foreskin and penis). Send me clear pictures to help you out with the problem.

Follow up with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Thanks doctor,

Since I am applying Candid cream in the morning and night for the past three days, I could not take the snap. This problem coming up like accumulation of some dirt and I could get that in hand when I rub the foreskin area. I also have some itching. I am using Candid-B cream for the past three days. Shall I continue the same for another week? Or can you suggest for something different to fix my problem.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Take capsule Forcan (Fluconazole) 200 mg once weekly for four weeks and apply candid cream at night.
  • Clean the area and try to keep it dry. During day time use Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole dusting powder).
  • Change underwear every day and wash and clean the genital area twice daily. It should be fine. I still feel that the diagnosis is difficult without a picture. 

Follow up after a week with pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

As suggested by you, I am using Forcan 200 mg along with Abzorb powder during daytime and Candid-B cream at night. I am also trying to keep the area clean. Current status is I am not getting the white dirt accumulation from this week, since the area is dry with Abzorb powder. Sometimes, when I left it wet I rarely get the little dirt in the foreskin area of penis. Also, very little itching. Shall I continue with the same medication of Abzorb powder, Candid-B in night and Forcan-200 mg for another three weeks? And when can I stop Abzorb powder and Candid-b cream? Please guide me. Thanks for your patience in hearing.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Continue with Candid-B cream (combination of Clotrimazole and Betamethasone dipropionate) for another 12 days. Then stop it and switch over to Candid cream. Continue it for the next two weeks.
  • Abzorb powder is to be continued till first week of next month and so is the capsule Forcan 200 mg.
  • Revert back once it is done and I will tell you the other medicines for maintenance depending on your improvement. Send me clear picture at the time of review.

Revert back after a month with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|