Candidal Bp

Allergy on the head part of my penis and inner skin of my penis.

Query: Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I am having some allergy on the head part of my penis and the inner skin of my penis. Consulted a local doctor. The doctors are saying that, it is just an allergy and giving some tablets and ointments. But it is not recovering. Give me your advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. There could be many causes for such lesions like fungal infection (candidal balanoposthitis), lichen planus, irritant dermatitis, and etc. Candidal BP is the most common cause amongst all. So right now, I would advise you that, wash the area with lukewarm water twic...  Read Full »