Candidal Infection

How to treat red and sensitive penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with redness and increased sensitivity of my penis. I have been checked for STDs and treated for a yeast infection; however, the yeast medication did nothing, and the redness is still there. This has been going on for two to three months now. I then saw a urologist...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop using steroid cream. Use Cetaphil cleanser for a genital wash. Do not use any soap for cleansing. Apply Cetaphil moisturizer after bath. Apply Tacrolimus ointment 0.03% twice daily on the moisturized penis. Your concern might be irritant contact dermatitis. ...  Read Full »

What does heavy growth of Candida Albicans in a vaginal swab mean?

Query: I made a vaginal swab and the result came out that i have a heavy growth of candida albicans isolated among normal vaginal flora.. what does that mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Can you please attach the report?  Read Full »

How to treat dry vulva with itching and inflammation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having dryness in my vulva region for some weeks now, and it is red. It does not itch, but it is slightly and inflamed. I have attached the photos. I am currently using Citalopram.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and from your brief history and attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like vulvovaginal candidiasis (fungal infection). There is no reason to worry as it will subside within two to four weeks. You can...  Read Full »

I was spotting and got a negative pregnancy test, which was positive before. Why?

Query: Hi, My periods got over 10 days back, but i started getting very itchy vagina and very thick white discharge from next day onwards. After 4 days, I started bleeding again but it was like spotting. After someone suggested, i did pregnancy test and it came out positive with very light second line on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: dear, welcome to iclinq. com saw ur queries. The vaginal itching after cycles voild most probably be candidal infection. if it continues you need to take antifungals. Was there a delay in this cycle ( from your usual) ? weakly positive test, followed by a negative is unlikely to be pregnancy .. ...  Read Full »

What could cause milky white discharge in vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old female. There is a milky vaginal discharge that I have been experiencing every day for six consecutive months. The first time I went to a doctor was when I was experiencing a cottage cheese like white discharge with super itchy feeling and burning sensation when uri...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some amount of vaginal discharge is a normal phenomenon. But if the discharge is thick white like curds and offensive in smell or is associated with itching then it is candida or yeast infection. If you again having the cottage cheese like thick discharge with itchin...  Read Full »

Why is there no relief in skin infection around genital area even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from skin disease and three different skin infections are observed in my abdominal and genital area. Small white pits on bottom of penis and prepuce, red patch in the mid of both scrotum, and a white round patch on the inner side of thighs just touching the scrotum. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, you are having candidal intertrigo. So please avoid creamd containing steroid. Just use antifungal cream and powder. Lesions in scrotum and thighs are fungal lesions. ...  Read Full »

I have smelly penis with erection problem and lack of interest in sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a smelly penis issue, and erection problems, no interest in sex, and that happened two years back. The doctors just checked for all UTIs but found nothing. I wonder if the issue is related to fungus infection. All checks are done even bladder and MRI nothing is showing, but the...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every male has a typical pheromone causing smell characteristic of each male. Are you circumcised? Any urinary symptoms except occasional dysuria. How many times do you get up at night to void? Microscopic hematuria on how many occasions? Kindly share the urine R/M repo...  Read Full »

I have itchy white spot on my penis head with a rough skin after erection. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have these itchy white spot on my penis head and also a rough skin after erected. The white spot will be better after applying Clotrimazole ointment, but I can still see some bumps under the skin.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is balanoposthitis. It is a candidal fungal infection which causes secondary irritation and redness. Start using Lulifin cream (Luliconazole) once daily bedtime for 30 consecutive days. Apply Efficort (Hydrocortisone) 0.127 % cream once daily during daytime...  Read Full »

Red Pumps on Penis. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing this occurrence of red bumps on my penis head. Initially, it all started with pain with retraction of foreskin and blisters on the foreskin. To this, I applied candid B cream for three days, this situation was resolved. I stopped applying candid B cream, next ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your blood report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows that you had a herpes infection in the past, but the IgM is normal meaning no infection at present. Bumps on genitalia are difficult to diagnose without seeing the picture. Can you pleas...  Read Full »