Q. How to get rid of itchy vagina with white spots?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

My vagina is itchy, and it has some white spots. The spots are below the vulva and also near the vaginal opening. I am not sure what it is, but I think it is a yeast infection.

Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern.

Itching with white spots usually points towards a yeast (candidal) infection. This is generally accompanied by a curdy white discharge and sometimes with a foul smell (not always). This usually occurs when the pH of the perineal region changes. This will require treatment with antifungals which can be prescribed only after a voice or a video consultation.

Other home remedies you need to follow are,

1) Consume foods rich in probiotics (curd, yogurt, buttermilk).

2) Drink plenty of fluids.

3) Use only loose cotton undergarments.

4) Change undergarments at least twice a day.

5) Avoid using undergarments at night.

6) Do not use soap, shampoo, or washes to clean your vagina and perineal region (this causes a change in pH, and yeast infection can occur).

I hope this was useful.

Revert in case of doubts.

|