Q. There is no relief in using medicines for skin infection arond genital area. Why?

Dr. Siva Subramanian
Published on Nov 12, 2019

I am suffering from skin disease and three different skin infections are observed in my abdominal and genital area. Small white pits on bottom of penis and prepuce, red patch in the mid of both scrotum, and a white round patch on the inner side of thighs just touching the scrotum.

I tried self-medication. I have applied Nuforce GM and Zole-F each for seven days. Also, I took tablet Fluka 150 mg last Sunday. In the last seven days, I have not seen any healing, though, it restricted spreading. Please advise and prescribe medicines. I have attached the photos.

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatology Venereology
#

I had gone through the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

In my opinion, you are having candidal intertrigo. So please avoid creamd containing steroid. Just use antifungal cream and powder. Lesions in scrotum and thighs are fungal lesions. And you do not need to bother about the lesion in the penis. They are of non infective nature. Only if there is any pain or pus, you can take treatment.

Fungal infection.

Candidal intertrigo.

Apply Candid cream (plain Clotrimazole cream) twice daily on inner thighs and scrotum for two weeks. After applying candid cream, apply Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole powder) over sweat in prone areas such as inner thighs for two weeks.
If there is any itching, take tablet Teczine 5 mg (Levocetirizine) at night after food.

Avoid steroid containing creams.
Completely dry your inner wear before wearing,

Follow up after two weeks.

I have started using plain clotrimazole and hope it will work out. I think infection on the penis is ignored. I am equally or more concern about pits and infection on the penis which spreads every day. I am finding it difficult to restrict it. Please prescribe.

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatology Venereology
#

Those pits are normal hair follicle pits. The pores are useful for oily secretion from skin to prevent skin dryness. You do not need to apply Clotrimazole there. If you develop any pustules over there, you might use an antibiotic cream.

Hair follicle pits.

Can Hydrozole be used for jock itch?

Query: Hi doctor, I had jock itch two months ago for the very first time. It is still there but fading. I started using Hydrozole cream two weeks ago, it seems to be working. How long it would take for a complete cure? After using this cream I fell some itch in legs. Now the groin skin appears red and ver...  Read Full »

I experience thick cheesy vaginal discharge for past four months. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I have experienced a thick chunky white cottage cheese discharge for the past four months. I have been to the doctor five times since. At first, I had itchiness, but now that has subsided, but the discharge is still there. I have had multiple paps and tests done. Including chlamydia, gh...  Read Full »

What causes white tongue with swollen lymphnodes?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend has white tongue since 20 days, used probiotics from 10 days but problem did not solve. But no sore throat and no discomfort while eating anything. He feels lymph nodes near right side of neck, back side of ear and near arm ankle from last one week. Got some pimples on his f...  Read Full »