Q. I have mild bleeding with itching on the tip of penis for the past three months. Kindly help.

Dr. Prathap

Please help me with my issue in penis. I have mild bleeding and itching in my penis for the past three months. Nowadays, I found blood on dothi when I get up from the bed. I do not know what it is because I do not have any sexual relationship. I am unable to meet the doctor as in-person, so I am sending you pictures. Please provide the best solution for me.

Dr. Prathap

#

This is surely an infective pathology by what appears on the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To know the exact cause, I need more details.

Are the lesions painful or not? Is the discharge foul-smelling or curdy? Are there any ulcers or lymph node swelling? Did you have any recent sexual activity? Kindly let me know the details without which we cannot say the exact pathology.

| 

The lesions are not painful. It is itchy. No foul-smelling or curdy discharge. No ulcers and lymph node swellings and I did not have any sexual activity in th recent past.

Dr. Prathap

#

This appears to be penile candidiasis (balanitis). It can be transmitted even without sex also. Diagnosis of these infections rely on good clinical examination. But in this forum, we are missing that part. Probably it might be candida only as you describe the symptoms. Start on empirical therapy and look for improvement.

Review after three days of treatment to change the treatment accordingly.

Candidiasis.

Good hygiene, avoid wet clothings. Tablet AF 150 single tablet tonight after food. Nystatin or Clotrimazole cream for local application thrice daily after cleaning the part.

| 

Last year, I came to you for this issue, and you prescribed some medicines also. But, it continues. I have attached the latest pictures. Please help me with the best medicine for this issue.

Dr. Prathap

#

This is more like a fungal infection only. Start on Fluconazole 150 mg once daily for three days. Maintain good hygiene.

| 

But still, some issues are there. Please, see my latest pictures in the attachment.

Dr. Prathap

#

I have seen the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As far as what we have done is fine. But I suggest you consult a doctor in person for further care as we will miss a physical examination in this forum, which is very important. Kindly consult a doctor in person.

|